xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloHelp

Golf Digest discussion of swing technique and method

I have returned to playing golf after 14 years of absence. I was, you can say, in the height of Golfer's score--8 under and won most of my age group's tournaments. And something happened and had to put it aside for a while. Just about four months ago I started to wake my body with ye old swing motion. I had to dust off my old clubs (now 17 years old) and get into the "feel" of the swing. Two days ago, I shot +22 on par 71 course. I think that's not bad for a guy who didn't practice at all for 14 years! :unsure: Maybe I'm kidding myself. HA!My curiosity is anyone plays golf here to discuss about chipping and putting methods? In coming few months, I am thinking about releasing golf drawings to demonstrate technical aspects of swing motions. I'm not interested on which brand of clubs you have. I have seen people with $1,000 clubs and couldn't hit the ball. My clubs cost me zero (it was hand-me-down) from an old guy who used to hang around the range where I learned to play golf. And I still have it today, used it to win tournaments and probably will have it until it breaks.

I have returned to playing golf after 14 years of absence. I was, you can say, in the height of Golfer's score--8 under and won most of my age group's tournaments. And something happened and had to put it aside for a while. Just about four months ago I started to wake my body with ye old swing motion. I had to dust off my old clubs (now 17 years old) and get into the "feel" of the swing. Two days ago, I shot +22 on par 71 course. I think that's not bad for a guy who didn't practice at all for 14 years! B) Maybe I'm kidding myself. HA!

My curiosity is anyone plays golf here to discuss about chipping and putting methods? In coming few months, I am thinking about releasing golf drawings to demonstrate technical aspects of swing motions. I'm not interested on which brand of clubs you have. I have seen people with $1,000 clubs and couldn't hit the ball. My clubs cost me zero (it was hand-me-down) from an old guy who used to hang around the range where I learned to play golf. And I still have it today, used it to win tournaments and probably will have it until it breaks.

159139[/snapback]

I started back playing golf two years ago after taking 15 years off...The biggest change I have noticed is in the driver...The new ones are alot bigger and easier to control...I have gained about 25 yds. in distance...Putting distance was the hardest skill for me to atain when I started back playing....I have recently changed to cross-handed and it seems to really helped me....my left hand controls the direction and my right hand contols the disance....When I quit playing golf 15 yrs. ago my avg. score was in the low 70's....Now I shoot in the low 80's with a mid 70's on a good day....Doug.