xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
XeNoToSs

Your Recommendations my homework.

I am suppose to pick out 2 books from this list and read it over the summer. with such a big list i dont know which one to chose from, i want your suggestions, replying with 2 selections from the listBoas, Jacob We are WitnessesBronte, Charlotte Jane EyreCheng, Nien Life and death in shanghaiCooper, James F. The last of the mohicansDickens, Charles a tale of two cities david copperfield oliver twistDu maurier, Daphne rebeccaGarcia MArquez, Gabriel chronicles of a death foretoldgreenberg, joanne i never promised you a rose gardenlondon, jack the sea wolfmathabane, mark kaffir boypaton, alan cry. the beloved countryremarque, erich maria all quiet on the western frontrenault, mary the king must dierushdie, salman haroun and the sea of storiesswift, jonathan gulliver's travelsTan, amy the kitchen god's wifetolkien, j.r.r the hobbitTrain, mark a connecticut yankee in king arthur's courtwhite, t.h the once and future kingthanks in advance

I would pick the 2 thinest books out the list. That way i would get it over with faster and get back to what i would really want to do. :unsure:

I personally have found Charles Dickens reading extremely boring... I've heard The Once And Future King highly recommended back when I did a lot of reading. I'd highly suggest the Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court as one, I haven't read it in about 6 years or so now (maybe more) but I remember that it's very good and very engrossing. That's definitely your best bet there. And then either the Once and Future King one or the Last of the Mohicans would probably make a good 2nd pick. I read the Hobbit one many years ago too but don't like that stuff anymore, it would be an entertaining book to read however. Jack London or Johnathan Swift would make for decent reading as well. I would suggest the Connecticut Yankee one as a certain pick however, definitely. You'll enjoy that one, I'm sure.

I would pick the 2 thinest books out the list. That way i would get it over with faster and get back to what i would really want to do. :unsure:

158166[/snapback]

the reason y i have to read it is because when school starts i have to write an inclass essay of the 2 books i chose.

I personally have found Charles Dickens reading extremely boring...  I've heard The Once And Future King highly recommended back when I did a lot of reading.  I'd highly suggest the Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court as one, I haven't read it in about 6 years or so now (maybe more) but I remember that it's very good and very engrossing.  That's definitely your best bet there.  And then either the Once and Future King one or the Last of the Mohicans would probably make a good 2nd pick.  I read the Hobbit one many years ago too but don't like that stuff anymore, it would be an entertaining book to read however.  Jack London or Johnathan Swift would make for decent reading as well.  I would suggest the Connecticut Yankee one as a certain pick however, definitely.  You'll enjoy that one, I'm sure.

158248[/snapback]

Wow thanks. this definatly helped me narrow my choices greatly. it helped alot.

I would suggest The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien and Gulliver's Travels by Jonathen Swift. Both are great books that are entertaining to read. When I was doing my Bachelor's degree in university, I read them when I took a Children's Literature course and a British Literature course.

Man, that is quite a list, hard to come up with just two that I would recommend. If you have never read Tolkien I highly recommend The Hobbit, it is a fun read and an excellent story. Then again I am an avid Tolkien fan insofar as I have even read the Silmarillion twice (took me damn near a decade to read it the first time, but it was easier the second time) and the Lord of the Rings series dozens of times easily (pretty much a yearly ritual with me). The Once and Future King is a great book, T.H. White is a great author, but there are so many other good books in that list as well. A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court is the book that made me fall in love with Twain, Twain was definately one of America's best writers, ranks up there with the best to have ever lived in my books. I haven't read Gulliver's Travels in quite some time, but Swift is always an amusing read, especially if you like satire. I know my wife would recommend the Bronte and Tan books, but I have never managed to make it through a Bronte book, and I have never even picked up an Amy Tan book yet, though honestly I do intend to eventually get around to it. The Last of the Mohicans is an excellent book as well, though not on my top ten, I do fondly remember reading that book several times in my youth. I am ashamed to admit I have never read A Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield, or Oliver Twist, they are on my list of books I must read at some point, but there is always something else more interesting to read. Alot of people really enjoy Jack London, but I don't. Hard to say for certain which two, but I would probably go with The Hobbit and A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

Wow, thanks guys. but today i went to buy The once and future king and we are witnesses. For the fact that ill be taking german, and that this long book will entertain me over the summer. thanks for all of your recommendations and suggestions tho.