xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Locally Or Globally

just entered the (not-so) Wonderful world of PalmOS programming and for anyone who's done this before theres enough handles necessary to piss anybody off.What I want to know, is it better to declare the handles for all the text fields globally and modify them from every funtion or should I just open and close the handle inside every function? The second one gets annoying but I don't want to waste my time debugging my programs for hours trying to find out which global handle was pointing to the wrong address... I'm sure anyone with even experience from writing Win32 programs can help me here but my experience is very limited and I'd like any advice I can get.. thanks!__________________My b0x:AMD XP Barton 2800+ @ 2.4GHz (hehe that's almost a 3500+!!!)1 x 512MB Kingston RAM (soon to 1GB Dual Channel)1 x 120GB HDD (soon another )SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS (0wN5!!!)MSI GeForce FX5200 128MB OC'd to 275MHz GPU and 440MHz mem.