xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
c3nar1us

Remote System Access

Every few minutes today I have been getting a pop-up from my Norton system that "A remote system is trying to access eEBSVC.exe" and asks if I want to permit or block it. I checked the internet and found that it is related to Epson. I had an Epson printer, but got rid of it a couple of months ago and tried to delete the files for it. There is still one I could not get rid of (message said it may still be in use). The irritation is that the Norton message has continued to pop up about every five minutes or less and immediately repeats the request even though I click for "always block". How can I stop it? It is extremely annoying. There is no reason for it to contact my computer so I do not want it to. Spyware scan doesn't show anything."eebsvc.exeeebsvc.exe - Here is the scoop on BiDirectional Request Sever. The big question: what is eebsvc.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of BiDirectional Request Sever?eebsvc.exe (BiDirectional Request Sever) - DetailsThe eebsvc.exe process will communicate with your Epson printer to send and receive status information regarding the state of print requests and/or ink levels remaining. Communication is made with the printer over your network. If you stop this process your computer will not be able to determine the status of your printer, and so may not be able to use your printer. If you do not have an Epson Stylus printer you can terminate this process.eebsvc.exe is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing BiDirectional Request Sever may adversly impact your system.The Spy Bot database currently registers eebsvc.exe to Epson.when i was rebot my comp i thinked that he is gone butit hasn't gone away. I still get the same message. The first hundred or so times I told it to "always block" so why does it keep popping up? Shouldn't Norton Firewall block subsequent attempts after I tell it to? Now I have even clicked on "always allow" and I have still seen it five times since then and clicked "allow" every time. There it is again! Darn it! About every five minutes it pops up- I click on always allow or always block, and it will pop up again almost immediately. Then again in about five minutes. Driving me crazy! Make it stop! Spyware scans and antivirus scan find nothing.The details are:Program: eEBSVC.exePath: c:\ProgramFiles \Epson\EB...Protocol: UDP (Inbound)Remote Address: 222,47,183: 62062Local Address: All Local Adaptors: 1027Location: HomeI just got another and noticed that the remote address is different as it the number on the local address. Maybe it is trying all combinations. As I said, it is supposedly Epson, but I haven't had an Epson printer installed for a couple months now. I have a Dell color laser printer now and it is using the same USB connection that the Epson did.

I presume you could go into safe mode and delete it if you no longer have an Epson printer. Otherwise, contact Epson and find out what it does, whether you can remove it and just get some advice.Norton will keep showing that dialog for each attempt from a different IP. Try going into 'Program Rules' then setting eebsvc.exe to either Deny All or Allow All. This should apply it to all connections, regardless of IP.