xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

What App Would You Like On Your Mobile Phone?

I'd like software on my phone that gently encourages my provider to forget to bill me every month *grins*

That would be awesome. If only it were possible.

I'd like a decent web browser ;)

Hm, today I saw something on television about Blackberries (sp?) and their web browser looked pretty awesome. I've never used one myself and I don't even know anyone that has one, but from the clip they showed, it looked pretty good.

I like to have an application in which you can stream media content smoothly into the mobile phone with effecient algorithms using the existing low profile network bandwidth supported by GPRS or EDGE in our GSM networks.I would like a like an application using which we can modify the operation system or firmware code of the mobile phone so that we can customize our phone for ourselves.

Notice from rvalkass:
Try not to double post. If you have something to add, use the edit button to edit your previous post. Thanks.

i would want the God app. this means i could do anything like turn on tv's and any infared devices but also use it as a phone. also i think it would be cool to be able to request bluetooth IM-ing with people inn a room. like if i saw a hot chick i could talk to her in class just by searching for her name in a list of active phones.

Well firstly I don't know whether or not in your country you have to pay for the phone internet but I am certain that if you have to then it would be really expensive for you to preview html sites because of data and the problem that mobile phones have much smaller screens then any of the smallest computers which can prove to be very difficult then to preview content.Alsso I would like to point out that it would be cool if someone would program some kind of cash box for mobile phone. So that you can track your money where do you use it and so on. O I could do that and I will that would be cool wouldn't you say.

LOL am with you on that!, free calls and free texts!, Am happy with what i have on my phone, it makes calls and texts, plays music, and takes piccies...and i have msn on it...i work online and my monitor broke last week so couldn't work, so i could let work know through msn on my phone, and not have to ring USA from england!Caz

truthfully, i would like to one day see free internet from mobile phone service providers. as we move further into the 21st century, the need for access tot he internet becomes greater. i would find it really useful to be able to use my phone as an ftp client. put files on phone, go to internet (which is free), and upload!

i would also like to see more apps dedicated to music, imaging and video. this is why i like se phones - sony have taken a great leap towards that goal (good music, video, imaging), with their walkman and cybershot series. the video remains to be seen.there are not that many (if any) good audio/video/graphics editors for mobile out there. i only know the photo/music mate, and video/music dj from se.

I, personally, dont like mobile phones. I believe they ruin people's lives. They're supposed to be used for emergencies, not for personal stuff. I've seen people lose their mobile phones and they start acting like it's the end of the world. These phone companies should stop adding crap that's not necessary, and maybe the streets will be safer.

Putting the blame on mobile phones is a bit absurd. Blame the people, not the product. Nobody made them buy one, nobody made them text while driving.

I think phones are fine, and all the features are great if used safely, i.e. not texting when you're driving.

I don't think that you're the person who gets to decide the purpose of mobile phones, but last I checked they are mobile phones (i.e. phones that move) not emergency only, no frills phones. Also, if you guys need a decent browser, get Opera Mobile.
Edited by Above The Rest (see edit history)

I got my PDA so that I could work when on the train if I get good app ideas (using Office mobile)...but any kind of proper IDE would be good, so that I could do real work, instead of notes that I then use when I get in. I got conned a bit with Windows Mobile, thinking it had a lot more to it than it does.But now we're heading into mobile computing, rather than phoneland...not too far off, but still off :)

Best applications are (for me) those that show the face of the sender when receiving a sms. SMSFace, Skycaller and SmartCom can do this, but for me the best is SMSFace 2.0 because it shows 3 sms received , the faces of the senders and the first part of the message. But unfortunately it is not like a service but it runs constantly and consumes a little of battery...