xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Teacher Gets Busted For Fake Sick Leave saw this and laughed

u was visint my local wrestling site for news and updtes of the wrestling world

http://www.lordsofpain.net/

and i read this, i fell out of my chair laughing so hard

Updated: July 1, 2005, 4:44 PM ETKaye used sick days to wrestle as 'Matt Striker'ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- A high school social studies teacher took 11 sick days so he could perform as a professional wrestler with moves he called the "lungblower" and the "over drive," investigators said.

I would have been better off beating a kid, because those teachers always seem to keep their jobs. Â
  Â Matthew Kaye

The school system is seeking reimbursement from Matthew Kaye, 31, who has resigned.

According to investigators, Kaye told school officials he was taking the sick days in December and February to care for an ill sister, and he sometimes provided doctor's notes. They said they later discovered that his wrestling Web site listed him as being on tour for World Wrestling Entertainment on those days.

Kaye had his mother call in sick for him Dec. 16, according to a report issued this week by the New York City School District's Commissioner of Investigation.

When he returned to school after winter break, the report said, he informed the assistant principal that he had gone to California to care for his sick sister.

But the teacher's Web site revealed he had another life as a wrestler named Matt Striker.

"I recently realized that dream on Dec. 16 when I touched down in Tokyo to start my inaugural tour for the Zero One Company. I cannot express in words what this tour has meant to me as a person and as a professional wrestler," the Web site said.

Again in February, Kaye used a doctor's note as an excuse for a no-show at school, but his Web site entries for those dates showed photos of his appearance at a Pro Wrestling World Smackdown in Philadelphia.

Kaye's site says he has also performed under names including Matt Martel and Hydro, part of a tag team called Los Lunatics.

"He is known for his charisma, his ability to adjust and his innovative manuvers like: The Over Drive [a modified swinging neckbreaker] as well as the Lungblower and other unusual submission and impact moves," the site says.

Kaye, who taught social studies at Benjamin Cardozo High School, stepped down in April after investigators tried to interview him about his second career.

Schools special investigator Richard Condon recommended that Kaye not be rehired. Kaye said he was willing to repay the money and hoped to get his job back.

In a statement on his site, Kaye said he didn't realize sick days and personal days "were two entirely different things." He said he had good relationships with his students and many of them did well on their examinations "because I taught them!"

"I would have been better off beating a kid, because those teachers always seem to keep their jobs," he told the Daily News.

if you going to try to pull something like that at least make sure you cover youself or you will get busted.

That is awesome. What is it with social studies teachers... are they all bums or what? A teacher at my old HS was a DJ at local clubs and on the radio and was into the whole club drug scene. He got busted for coke and is STILL teacher at the high school. Whattt?

This is interesting because usually students get persecuted for several types of leave they take from their school. Its the time of change this time. Its refreshing to hear that a teacher is being busted for fake sick leave like this. Teachers were once students too. And it is human nature to be like human not superhuman...hehe. No one cares about others holidays. This is stupid. It could have been the other way round. Because there are many more ways to get leave. Stupid people always get into trouble uselessly..hehe

just to report the teacher that got fire appear right now on wwe raw, and also he made a appearance on smackdown quite a long time ago. under a different name he almost beat kurt angle by 1 second :P

wow! i never knew that teachers could get fired or resign from something like that. i find it to be a bit weird faking sickness so that he could wrestle. that's just funny. ehehe~ this news has got to be the weirdest and funniest one i have ever read.

lol they should do the same with the students xDU, j/k anyways Social Studies teachers and Art teachers are the most weird people i know x_x.. i tell this because my old Art teacher had this ideas of you know common things like green skies and red oceans :D and what i think of social studies teacher is that they like to make a "field research" xD