xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonorama

Live 8 Concerts What do you think about it?

live near Philly all I can say is this. It was awesome to me. Also is was helping poverty in Africa.
My hight light was watching Green Day in Belrin, Germany singing We Are the Champions My Friends. Or wht ever that song is.

Also cool seeing old and new bands. To bad Philly ended very early yet London went to 12pm for them I believe.

Also I saw Simple in Canada. O yeah the ONLY thing I hated about the concert is they aways cut the song SHORT... when your in the song you hear that was someone playing something. Lets go see what he is doing now.

Live had 150 bands total! 8 places playing at the same time! That is amazing. That was a great show.

I said that earlyier but also somethings also cool about the concert was seeing famous people coming out for the support. Also some even joined and singed! I think the countries that got most attention in order i remember is London, Philly, Berlin. Bressi. Thats all i can remember as of right now. Now everyone can say now twenty years from i lived threw that i was there. Thats a honor. It is awesome to see that concert but sad to hear why they did the concert. Poverty in Africa is gaining everyday so it gets sadder and sadder. Hopefully this helped it stop just a bit more. :}

Help stop poverty in Africa.

Well, if you werent already aware, the conclusion was reached to forgive 40 billion dollars in debt and give an additional 50 billion dollars in aid to Africa. This conclusion was reached a while ago at the G8.I must remind everyone here that the enitre purpose of Live 8 was the G8 conference, not to goggle over your favorite music stars. I just thought I would clear that up now.About the forgivness of debt, I don't think we should've forgiven all of it. I am happy about the 50 billion dollars in aid, but not the 40 billion dollar debt forgiveness. Just a thought, you know? Those governments were the ones who took all the money, and they promised to give the money equally to members of the countries. But intstead of distributing this money, they took it all for themselves. It really is disgusting what they did.Just thought I would add my two cents to this discussion.