xisto Community
Afrog2

Corepatch for Renegade

Blackhand Studios is pleased to announce the public beta test of Core Patch 1 for Renegade. You've probably been hearing a lot about the patch in the last few months.
The patch includes gameplay enhancements such as obelisk sounds (charge-up and fire), radio command emoticons, C4 "beep" countdown, and EVA beacon countdown. There are also less noticeable fixes such as faster-loading versions of the official Westwood maps (these maps will NOT interfere with playing on servers that don't use them), the latest version of scripts.dll, Miles Sound System enhancements for improved sound quality and dolby audio support, several other sound fixes. For servers, owners will be able to host maps with fixed VIS errors and spawn points.

The Core Patch also includes 6 Fan-Made maps:
C&C_MutationRedux by NeoSaber
C&C_Siege by PinkBunny (fixed version, by SomeRhino)
C&C_FieldTS by Aircraftkiller
C&C_Snow by Aircraftkiller
C&C_Sand by Aircraftkiller
C&C_Gobi by Aircraftkiller

Such a large distribution of these maps will ensure that your servers won't be empty when you run these maps. C&C_FieldTS is a re-mastered version of Field which includes two-story structures, B2B prevention, and enhanced balance. Snow, Sand, and Gobi are maps created by Westwood but never completed which Aircraftkiller obtained and completed. Siege is a popular fan-made map which has had bugs fixed by SomeRhino. MutationRedux is a newer map by talented level designer NeoSaber which we think you will enjoy.

If you wish to get a sneak preview of the patch and make sure that others will have a problem-free installation of the patch, we encourage you to participate in our public beta test.

To sign up, simply visit http://www.renguard.com/ and create an account (click "Log in", then "Register for RenGuard.com"). The Core Patch is NOT reserved for RenGuard users, however, RenGuard.com already has the necessary systems to coordinate a beta test of this scale, and RenGuard will be the primary (but not sole) distribution point for the patch.

Once you sign up, click on "Beta Test" on the left. You will be directed to log into RenGuard (signing into RenGuard IS required to participate in the beta test, but not required once we do the official release) and enter your username in the box given. Please enter the username that RenGuard welcomed you as, even if it's not yours. It's only to allow us to locate you on the RenGuard network.

That corepatch has made renegade a better playing game because of EA making the game so horrible. This was quoted from cncnz.com

That corepatch has made renegade a better playing game because of EA making the game so horrible. This was quoted from cncnz.com

I completely agree with this. There are many, many upgrades being done by Renguard, and I'm amazed at how many people are still too afraid to download it in fear that there are virii or something in it.

I personally use it all the time as it doesn't slow down my game or anything, and it allows the use of other features in the servers.

I mean, the custom things it "fixes" I have not ever seen first person, so I am not completely sure what exactly it does other than to keep you from cheating. The sad part is that even though it blocks out "aimbots" and all, you can still use them and get in. Then when people try to kick you for cheating it just says that you're not and will not allow them to.

So although RG does fix some issues with the base of Renegade as a general game, it does nothing to fix what it was designed to do - stop cheaters.