xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
x?peter?x

Graphic Designs For Signiture

Okay, wow, let's see...First of all, try devoting more time to sigs. It's pretty obvious that you don't spend too much time on them...I did the same thing, and my work wasn't nearly up to par. Now I spend at least 10 minutes on each sig, and sometimes up to an hour.What you need to work on is brushing. There's a lot of repeated and cut off brushes there. That needs to be fixed.Then work on text. Try getting some more elaborate fonts, and using some better blending and such on your text. It all looks like plain, flat, one color, "normal" font text. That needs to be improved.Also, color's a big problem. There's lots of conflicting colors in those sigs, and when there isn't, it's too monotone. Try using a color balance layer with a Filter>Render>Clouds on it.Your sigs need borders as well. A border tidies up the edges of a sig. It's very effective.Oh, and on the popout sig, make it a transparent background, and save it as a .png, so there's no white behind the render.Needs lotsa work, but keep trying.

oooh im going to go all over this one i think this will be my longest post on sig making ever okSig 1- fix the font color is kind of bad try to blend colors into the font. now with the render use the wand tool to delete the white spaces around it, or but the image under everything else to get rid of it. also workon your brushing the chrome looks tacky with it. add a border to 3px black 2px white 1px blackSig 2- render looks awful, no need to strech it out, font work on it a bit color looks ok just change the font style, also do a little brushing to it and i also recommend feathering the image instead do that background that you did with the black.Sig 3- stop relying on the chrome rendering its tacky unless you do it properly look at my early sigs on how i did that, also the image looks choppy i recommend thanks to johnny is edit>transform>scale the image make sure to click on the link it will auto size the render for you. feathering looks ok. font work on it as usally make it smaller maybe.Sig 4- work on the font and brushing feather looks good the render looks good adda border to it.Sig 5- font again, add a border i think i see some repeat brushing, work on that again reders look good except they look choppy.Sig 6- font brushing border render looks goodSig 7- font, brushing, color, borderSig 8- ok border, font, brushing, render looks bad try to use that transform technique also when you do a pop up sig make sure the file is using transparency and that you save it as a png to make it blend with the back ground again look at my sigs.Sig 9- pretty much what i said about 8 and the renders look good.Sig 10- brushing looks good except your repeating the brushes color looks good again work on the font and maybe add a border to itSig 11- what i said on 8ok scores are 1-3/102-2/103-4/104-4/105-4/106-3/107-3/108-1/109-2/1010-5/1011-3/10need alot of work i suggest you start with burshing techniques but downloading tons of brushes and work on them then work with the color on them use ctrl+U layer> adjust layer> color. the renders look ok but you have work on resizing them so they don't come out choppy remember edit>transform>scale the image also with the borders some onf them look better with them use the 3px black 2px white and 1 px black keep looking at tutorials follow the steps to them and you will get better on the font its a matter of taste i suggest /l like 15-20 different fonts and work with them.note=phews thats alot of typing

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I have to agree to a rather large amount of what they said. As Johnny said, you need to spend more time on these sigs. I see lots of cut off brushes and dragged brushes. -The main thing I want to point out is that the majority of those renders are horrible and choppy. Be sure to hold down shift if you are rescaling them using the Free transform tool. And with that sig with Conker in it, you need to get rid of the background around Conker. They are not very well blended either.-The text are boring. You should try to blend them in and play around with different effects. Be sure to experiment with new fonts and styles.-Four words: Borders Are Your Friends.

well making a ton of sigs is not all that bad just got to know what your doing for instance me im working on a 20 sig project and those who know me they are looking pretty good and with the render experimenting that im doing even better.