xisto Community
dontmaimyourself

Sub-domain Change Problem

I recently had my sub-domain changed, as I was updating my site. when I put the www. at the front of my new URL, it shows the old site, these files are no longer on the server. but when I go directly to the pages i.e http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it displays a 404 'Page not found' error.

here are the links:

screwed up url
fine url

can anyone help me?

perfect html pages you made.i think you can just bind a domain to your host.there is many free dns domain i think whether you add www or not they always not give this error..i haven't met that .good luckGd.

The existance of your old site may still be in your cache. Clear it to see if it makes a difference.

155090[/snapback]

well thats what I thought and I cleaned the cache, reloaded but it was still like that, anyway I tried it at college, and it was fine and I just tried it here (at home) and it was fine here so what ever the problem was it was with my computer. (or i possibly imagined it) I guess its one of lifes unexplained mysteries.

Anyway since the problem is no over, if a moderator or admin reads this could you please lock/delete this topic. :rolleyes: