xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joshua

Catholic Church Back To Old Tricks? Evangelicals jailed, fined for faith

hmm i study on a religious school (administrated by nuns) and even though im catholic i can only see, that these nuns are charging us like $400 dlls of an inscription and $35 dlls of "voluntary tickets to help the missions" (obviously if you don't buy their stupid tickets they won't let you register in the school) they got these, delux leather-sit X-trails, and then each 2/3 months they are asking us money again! (the collegiature is like $280 each student and we're like 400 students) so im not surprised, the church has become a little more corrputed $__$, didn't they supposed to have Poor vote? (you know living like poor, chastity; that stuff) and i don't see it anywhere... and now that Ratzinger's the new pope i don't know what to expect, but i can't believe that they do this thing of quitting your religion in my country! i know we are a lot of catholics here in mexico but we know that we need to respect other people religions.. because the POPE (john paul II) and the moral! told us. besides when someone dies i think that they are judged by the same God but in the way their religion saw the good and evil

hmm i study on a religious school (administrated by nuns) and even though im catholic i can only see, that these nuns are charging us like $400 dlls of an inscription and $35 dlls of "voluntary tickets to help the missions" (obviously if you don't buy their stupid tickets they won't let you register in the school) they got these, delux leather-sit X-trails, and then each 2/3 months they are asking us money again! (the collegiature is like $280 each student and we're like 400 students) so im not surprised, the church has become a little more corrputed $__$, didn't they supposed to have Poor vote? (you know living like poor, chastity; that stuff) and i don't see it anywhere...

and now that Ratzinger's the new pope i don't know what to expect, but i can't believe that they do this thing of quitting your religion in  my country! i know we are a lot of catholics here in mexico but we know that we need to respect other people religions.. because the POPE (john paul II) and the moral! told us. besides when someone dies i think that they are judged by the same God but in the way their religion saw the good and evil

157019[/snapback]

Daniel, out of curiosity, do you believe the Catholic Church teaches that good works or being a good person gets you to Heaven? Do you believe if you're just a good enough person or do good enough things or live a good enough life that it will be enough to reach Heaven?

Wow guys both joshua and the moderator have me hook reading lol, any with that has to do with God i will read speacially the bible. You know joshua i was a lost soul like many of the World until God found me. My parents are "catholic" so they say, but they are really not catholic of believe rathan more of tradition. And you know when i was little wroing up with my parents i used to think that yes by doing good, been good towards other doing things for other i would reach heaven. But know i know that there is no way you will get to heaven if is not threw Jesus Christ. and reading what you joshua and serverph were discusing i can really see how much we need God, i remember that i was as that if i believe that there was a God? and also that if i believe in the bible? I asnwer that i believe that there was a God, but not really in the bible because just like serverph said it was writen by men, but it was until i started hearing about the word of the Lord that i started to really understand and believe that Does men wrote NOT what they wanted to write but what GOD wanted to say to the people. adding something to what serverph said

it's like saying that people who lived BEFORE christ (B.C. as opposed to A.D. - after death) are doomed for eternal hell, since jesus came after them

before Chirst talking about like with Abraham, Moises, Jose and the other before Christ There was a God, and that God was leading them to salvation, because they were doing what God wanted them to do. Jesus Christ came to this world like as that GOD, he is so mighty that him being God he made himself human, and died for use, for serverph, for joshua and for me, to save use from hell, and when Christ came he took with him every sin.

I don't see why they are like that. Its all the same religion. In my opinion the Catholic Church is looking to make everyone Catholic so they can get bigger pay checks because of weekly donations. Thats my 2 cents!

I could not agree with you more! I'm very happy to see someone else who has the ability to see things for what they are. great comment:) :P