xisto Community
karlo

Mp3 Questions a question for a mp3 beginner like me

Hello... You all like to download MP3's online right? Well, hmmm... i love to download them and burn them in a cd but there's some unanswered questions roaving in my mind.

Example, I have many duplicates of one song with different file names, well, I want to remove those duplicate ones... how?

And MP3 is compressed right? Is there a way to uncompress those compressed sound so that I will really do unlock the wonderful sound of the audio?

Hello... You all like to download MP3's online right? Well, hmmm... i love to download them and burn them in a cd but there's some unanswered questions roaving in my mind.

Example, I have many duplicates of one song with different file names, well, I want to remove those duplicate ones... how?

And MP3 is compressed right? Is there a way to uncompress those compressed sound so that I will really do unlock the wonderful sound of the audio?

154877[/snapback]

OK, I think that was alreadyt posted here maybe a weeks ago. there are programs that detect duplicate files not only mp3 any files, it looks for the format, filenames and the bytes of eachs files I just forgot the program name, I will search them for you and post it here once i got them. anyway try searching for and old topics here that same as yours. maybe it will help you.

You can't uncompress a MP3, it's irreverisble. You can create a normal audio CD from your MP3s though rather than making an MP3 CD or data CD. Creating an audio CD means you'll only get 80 minutes worth of music though whereas creating an MP3 or data CD will get you as much as 700MB can hold (will vary according to the bit-rate of your MP3s). With an audio CD, the quality of the audio will still be dependant on the bit-rate of the MP3 so that's why it's important to go for as high as you can get, like 320kbps.

OK, I think that was alreadyt posted here maybe a weeks ago.  there are programs that detect duplicate files not only mp3 any files, it looks for the format, filenames and the bytes of eachs files I just forgot the program name, I will search them for you and post it here once i got them.  anyway try searching for and old topics here that same as yours.  maybe it will help you.

154904[/snapback]

Ok, please do find that program... thanks! :rolleyes:

You can't uncompress a MP3, it's irreverisble. You can create a normal audio CD from your MP3s though rather than making an MP3 CD or data CD. Creating an audio CD means you'll only get 80 minutes worth of music though whereas creating an MP3 or data CD will get you as much as 700MB can hold (will vary according to the bit-rate of your MP3s). With an audio CD, the quality of the audio will still be dependant on the bit-rate of the MP3 so that's why it's important to go for as high as you can get, like 320kbps.

154914[/snapback]

Hmm... le'ts say the MP3 that I downloaded has a little hiss and has some cd skips, how will I repair it?

Hmm... le'ts say the MP3 that I downloaded has a little hiss and has some cd skips, how will I repair it?

You could open it up in a wave editing program like CoolEdit, Soundforge or Wavelab and use the filters etc and then save it out again.

You could open it up in a wave editing program like CoolEdit, Soundforge or Wavelab and use the filters etc and then save it out again.

154965[/snapback]

Thank you for that one.. i'm still finding a program which will automatically delete duplicates and automatically remove the hiss sounds...

154877[/snapback]

You cannot uncompress multimedia files...

This is how it works..

The MP3 codec samples at a certain bit rate to capture the sound levels and saves as an MP3 file..

These sound levels are like a bar chart and the uncompressed version is like a wave in a graph..

Since it has became from a wave form into barchart, the details are discarded when saved as an MP3 file..

So you cannot get back the discarded details, hence you cannot uncompress an MP3 file...

Goes same for any other sound and video formats...