xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Etherion

A Suggestion About Google Ads

You could make good ads open a new window instead of eating up the one I'm surfing (the forum).......Can't you...? B)

this is not the best suggestion, because:1: We don't like ads :-)2: We close all ads (through browser or google toolbar, firewalls etc)for me, there shouldn't be 4 ads, but just two (to make a space for logo)on other (won't tell the name) forum in 3months admin gained 300$ through ads!but the add above "Copyright..." is just a little too much...

Even if you can't accept it, ads are the core of this service and essential for the well-being....It's not that you care if the webmaster wins or loses money from that....

Even I hate those stupid ads at the bottom, but I thought it was necessary to spread the name of the site. I show two ads and that company shows 1 of my ads to others.. clean and clear deal. Any suggestions regarding publicity... BTW, I havent got any check from any one.. so the total money I actually made by this site .. till now is [27 - July - 2004 1:19 AM IST] = 0 (ZERO).I have not yet sold any paid hosting packages and I don't think they would be as this site is usually ment for FREE HOSTING. For that, I would have to target the design and everything only for PAID HOSTING.. However, I don't care bout that.Also, I've been thinking that I would stop giving uni.cc Domains.. Members would be free to point their approved domain to uni.cc..Any further suggestion...most welcome.

this is not the best suggestion, because:
1: We don't like ads :-)
2: We close all ads (through browser or google toolbar, firewalls etc)

for me, there shouldn't be 4 ads, but just two (to make a space for logo)

on other (won't tell the name) forum in 3months admin gained 300$ through ads!

but the add above "Copyright..." is just a little too much...

You got the point, dude!
I don't like Ads too...
they are a nuistrace!!!

Ok, i dont know where to get started.Xisto is free hosting. There isn't any profit from hosting from this site. The only way that admin can make money is by other means. Do you think admin will just give free space away on his servers? There needs to be ways to make money. If you like Xisto enough you would help out and click on those ads every so often. The ads aren't for decoration people...

I am ready to stip of the ads if I get a $0.5 donation from everyone per month!I will start giving almost UNMETERED BW and SPACE!....................................................................................................................OK! The above thing is like a DreAM! So why don't you guys get back to REALITY and simply support the site. B)