xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kservice

Windows Xp Pro (sp2) Oem Legit? Purchase Software

Dear all:
First of all I want to say I have done some research about Windows OS OEM vs. Full version (in box) topics in this forum. But I still have some questions, and hoping that you guys can help me out...

Story:
Previous IT Manager made a wrong decision purchasing Win Home edition for all desktops, and now the whole IT system seems very unstable (a lot of glitches, here and there, daily help desk is required). Currently I am pushing my company to deploy Windows XP Pro over 2000 and Home edition for easier-managed and more reliable IT infrastructure. There will be about at least 15 desktops / notebook that need to be reinstalled (not upgrade) with Windows XP Pro.

Method:
My purpose is to use Symantec Ghost to create image for one deskop, and deploy over the network. I will need one XP Pro disc but definitely 15+ licenses.

Problem:
Because it is for company use. I have read that OEM CDs can be only purchased with Hardware. Since we did not purchase OEM CDs with original Hardware (original desktops are Dell with W2K or Win Home), would this be ok or? We do not need support from Microsoft because we have techspot and google =) Besides, Microsoft is useless...

Also, there is this website called http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ who sells OEM CDs in download version over the internet. Has anyone tried it? I do not wish to wait for shipment. If I can purchase by downloading, I can get the product key within few hours and start my installation. What do you guys think?

Any recommended site for OEM Win XP Pro SP2...? Thank you =)

kservice