xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Furor

Make Your Own Barcode using Photoshop

Nice tutorial, never thought of doing it that way, i just got a trial of a barcode software to make a fake vip pass to mess with my friends (but the barcode was actually a valid one that would have gotten me in, lol) its fun to mix photoshop and real life, it makes friends be scared of you and what ur gonna do next, lol its fun thoBut that barcode you made is a valid one aswell, but it wont be unless it is scanned in the system.

Actually, most bar code reading systems read one type of encoding. That means if you make a Code 128 bar code, you will probably be able to read it under most scanners. That is bar codes are actually strings of text. A certain pattern of bars hold a certain value, like "k32h4lkj3" or "HELLO".So instead of you putting a product into the system by scanning a bar code and "telling" the system what it is supposed to be, the system actually gets a string of characters from the scanned code. (on top of that I guess many systems let you you change the text displayed for usability reasons).

yeah, byt putting in the numbers or letters of a known barcode, you can actually make a replica of it if you have the right program, i did it, and it works very well.

I find barcodes to be pretty interesting. Nice tutorial here. If I had Photoshop (too expensive for me), I'd try it. I did go to Barcode Mill, and tried it. It's pretty cool. Thanks for posting that link! I didn't know that barcodes actually contained a string within them, but it may be that I never thought much about them.