xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jerrylili

Which Folder.. a lot of folders in my accoutn already..

Hallo guys, :rolleyes:

i logged into my ftp account useing smartFTP program (preety good btw). I see a lot of files and folders in my account already, but puzzeled to which one to upload my site into and what all teh other folders and file really does?

In mine account right now there are:

FOLDER:

.fantasticodata

mail

public_ftp

public_html

tmp

FILES:

.contactemail

.contactsavetime

.lastlogin

index.html

All those files and folders were there before i uploaded anything to my space.

Which folder do i upload my whole site onto??? WHERE?

and what does all the other folders and files do?thanks.

help me,

thanks,

jman,jerrylili

Begin uploading all your files under /public_html folder. Do not touch or delete other folders if you do not understand what they are used for.

Under your /public_html folder you can create subfolders, such as image, and you don't need to worry about anything else. And when you link to your own folder, your href code should be something like, image/pictureName.jpg or you can type the whole thing by, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Begin uploading all your files under /public_html folder. Do not touch or delete other folders if you do not understand what they are used for.

Under your /public_html folder you can create subfolders, such as image, and you don't need to worry about anything else. And when you link to your own folder, your href code should be something like, image/pictureName.jpg or you can type the whole thing by, http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

154174[/snapback]

HALLO, thanks for da reply,

ok. here is goes.. i have my homepage as index.htm. so i uploaded it into public_html. Ok DONE. so wwhen people want to go to my home page they type in... jerrylili.trap17.com/index.htm OR jerrylili.trap17.com/public_html/index.htm ?? thanks man u cool

and also wat href code r u talking of? i don't know wat that is... lol all mine links in my site are direct links to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/... so on, is there an easier way u mean?

help,

thank,

jerryjamn

Edit: Fixed Quote Tag

Edited by Klass (see edit history)