xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pdrive

Film Schools Where to? What do?

Hi, I'm considering applying for application to a film school. However, I'm still not sure which school will be the best value for my precious money.Through researching so far I've found that UCLA looks like it has a really good film course. However, it is an undergraduate course so you need to have done two years of tertiary eduction before you can apply. Plus, the fees are incredibly expensive.The New York Film Academy also looks really good but again it is very expensive for an international student like myself. I considered attending the Los Angeles campus at Universal Studios but I hear that the course is incredibly chaotic and a waste of your money.I'm quite confused as to what is the best option to take. As I'm afraid that if I attend a cheaper university course then my degree will mean little once I enter into the film industry.If anyone has any information on good film schools their input would be greatly appreciated.Thanks alot,Pdrive.

Information on any type of film course would be great.Whether it's part of a university or it is a private college just for film then any info would be real cool. I'm still researching and they're all so expensive!!! :rolleyes::lol::(

wow thats a tough but the following state would be your best source california, washington state, new york, florida, connecticut, you can try hardvard (lol) but i suggest doing the community college thing and then pick a university, i believe a handful of tech colleges do it as well.

huwwo Pdrive... I'm not in America but I just graduated from a film and media school... why don't you have a think first about what exactly you'd like to learn in your course and figure out which course is affordable and can also teach you what you need to know :rolleyes:

Which aspect of film are you most interested in? Sound production? Visual effects? Directing? Production design? Editing?

In the end, as long as you have the basics you'll be alright, it's what you do with the knowledge that counts, not so much the flashier the college... :lol:

Never saw films about any school :rolleyes: . i only got film about my last year in school :lol: . Then i told speech i was so emprassed so i thought i'll going cry right now. I didn't want to leave my friends there, so many years with same people, they are best friends!!!! :(

what IM doing is going to community college for 2 years then transfering to either Fullsail in NYC or Orlando, or go to UCF (central FL)all are highly respected and if you goto ucf then your acrredited(unlike fullsail), but goodluck in the movie industry...its a *BLEEP*!