xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ManOfSTEEL

Caller Id In My Computer What is the best Caller ID Program?

I just wondering if there is a caller ID program that can be used in my computer.I google for this program but those I found is just a dialin program but dont support caller ID.What I want is if somebody phoned me I want to see what number they are using. also If I dialed a number and somebody transferred me to another line I want to see what is the number of that line they used.Is there any program that supports all of these features? If there is, Please somebody guide through that site so that I may download my own too.... :rolleyes:

I just wondering if there is a caller ID program that can be used in my computer.

You have to subscribe to Caller ID service through your residential phone service provider. Without this service, no matter how much you spend on your phone or the software, you cannot see the calling number. There used to be a program called CommandCom but with cellular phone services providing free caller ID service with the contract, the software slowly phased out.

also If I dialed a number and somebody transferred me to another line I want to see what is the number of that line they used.

153995[/snapback]

You are not supposed to see the number you are transferred to. The whole phone directory system is that once you enter the POS (phone operating system, a.k.a. ISN) you are now navigating though its routing system. What you are asking is what the original "hacker" used to do, called, 2600 people a.k.a. alt.2600. The word hacker started when you can dial into a POS, let's say AT&T, and with the correct numerical sequence you can tell that POS to transfer you to the outside extension. Then, you can call anywhere in the world by dialing into AT&T 800 number. This is illegal then, and it is illegal now. And the process of knowing and finding out which number you are being transferred to is "hacking" the POS of the company you dialed. As far as I'm concerned you are asking for an illegal operation. Do not ask it again, please. That's part of the reason that Bernie S. went to jail for about 1 year without bail.

What you are asking is what the original "hacker" used to do, called, 2600 people a.k.a. alt.2600. The word hacker started when you can dial into a POS, let's say AT&T, and with the correct numerical sequence you can tell that POS to transfer you to the outside extension. Then, you can call anywhere in the world by dialing into AT&T 800 number. This is illegal then, and it is illegal now. And the process of knowing and finding out which number you are being transferred to is "hacking" the POS of the company you dialed. As far as I'm concerned you are asking for an illegal operation. Do not ask it again, please. That's part of the reason that Bernie S. went to jail for about 1 year without bail.

154043[/snapback]

Thank you BuffaloHELP, now I know and I cleared out my mine that there is no such things that gives what I wanted to have in my computer, if there is, your right that is illegal and can be considered as hacking...

Sorry to ask that question, I am just wondering if there is such programs exist.

But since no programs available for that function atleast I am aware off.

Maybe right now I will be using my programs made in visual basic. This porgram stored number in the database and once the registed caller is in the database I will see in the screen who's calling...

But only works if the number is registered in my database...

It works also like a caller Id provided by the Telephone company but this one has limited function.

But I am happy for this. Anyway I really Appreciate you reply and the information you shared to me...

Thank you....:rolleyes:

so your using dial up thats why your asking about that

154052[/snapback]

Nope Saint_Michael I am using DSL connection right now. What I am trying to know is the program that supports that function I am wanted to have, software's dont' support that, hardware maybe do but very expesive and it also requires authority from the telephone company.

Caller ID is all I have now but those features I mention before are not in the caller ID. BuffaloHELP told me that what I am trying to do is illegal and can be consider as hacking.

So now I clear out my mind that there is no such programs that supports those features.

Anyway I am happy with my program right now, If you can read my post earlier, it works like a caller ID also bu has limited functions and works only if my computer is turned on...

with this program I don't need to subscribe a caller ID.

Thanks for the info... :rolleyes:

Sorry to ask that question, I am just wondering if there is such programs exist.

You don't need to apologize to me. I was more worried about you getting banned for asking illegal methods. :rolleyes:

Maybe right now I will be using my programs made in visual basic.  This porgram stored number in the database and once the registed caller is in the database I will see in the screen who's calling...

But only works if the number is registered in my database...

It works also like a caller Id provided by the Telephone company but this one has limited function.

First of all, you are one smart guy to figure out caller ID strings using visual basic! Second of all, you know that you can perfect that and start selling? I know few hundred clients that would be VERY much interested to have that program.

Thank you....:lol:

154375[/snapback]

You're welcome. As always, thank you for participating with your inquisitive mind. This topic is closed.