xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Hangs When Right Clicking Recycle Bin

I am running Windows Xp Pro and recently I started having a problem with my recycle bin. When I right click it explorer.exe hangs and I have to end the process and re start it. I can however left click it and delete the contents of it once it is open. I have run a full system scan with F Prot and Norton 2004 and found nothing.Anybody know why this is happening?

Does Windows XP portray a new wierd error message everyday?

Well, scanning your computer with Norton won't help you at all. I've had my expeirience with it. Doesn't help at all. Try running a spyware check and disabling startup items from the msconfig (Start > Run > msconfig). Remove all the unwanted items from the "Startup" tab. If that doesn't help, then I guess there is no other option but to run a System Restore. Run XP in safe mode and then restore your computer to an earlier date. That should probably get rid of the problem.