xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
badinfluence

Guestbook Script my integration...

:rolleyes:
actually not a showcase.. just my own integration guestbook php script.. pls test here and reply me what do you think of it!! bad or good or whatever comments are welcome :lol:
basic script i got it from somewhere but initially it's not working.. i just edited and integrated to what i need.. by doing this i've learned some php basic... pls check out!
thks

I use a Bravenet guestbook. I have been meaning to add a script so the guest book can be hosted here on trap 17. However, I am concerned about losing 100 or so guest book entries. I dont want to have to cut and past them to re enter them. And since my site is a low traffic site, 100 guest book entries is what I have accumulated over many many years.So, as it stands now, I will continue to use the Bravenet guestbook.Sunkist

Hi bandinfluence, Your guestbook is simple and good. If you could add some smileys it will be really nice. My only wish is that you change the font family of the website itself which is uniform throughout your site including the guestbook. Its hard to read since the font size is small. If you want to use small size with good clarity Arial font family or Verdana font family are quite good. While editing in this forum you can see, though the font size is small but it is quite clear. If your case the font seems to be times new romans.

And sunkist, I think bravenet guestbooks are good but they come with annoying pop-ups and endless advertisements which is annoying to visitors.

There are many other guestbooks which are as simple as not using database as well as which uses database. Viper guestbook is quite popular, it is database guestbook. Php based but text database are also available. One can find them all at hotscripts dot com.

I agree, I don't particularly like Bravent guestbooks, tried t out a while ago, must have got rid of it within a week :rolleyes: Anyway, yes, very simple, it's actually quite good. Adding emoticons, add such other add on's to the guestbook it would really be great!

that's nice. Yes I agree smilies would be a great addition to your guestbook script. Maybe have like the form on the same page as the entries at the top. Just a suggestion. YOu don't really have to do it. Or maybe make the link that goes to the form more visible.

Bravenet guestbooks are OK if you just want something simple. Personally, guestbooks take me as kind of unprofessional. Plus, sometimes you have no control about what people write in there. Forums are much better ways of communicating :rolleyes:

hi people,thks for all comments and reply.. yes, i've changed the font.. now i integrated in my guestbook about the url and email must be valid or leave blank.. i dont plan to make both postpage and display page in one. i wanted to separate. :lol:yes, i also have a plan to put in similes, visitor review vote/poll. whatelse should i integrate more :rolleyes: pls suggest.. thks

It looks pretty cool.

Maybe you should post the script and stuff for everyone?

155098[/snapback]

yes, i will.. now i'm integrating on admin cp for this.. and also go with class, template engine and language..

anyway, thks for the try.. :rolleyes: