xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Apple To Use Intel Microprocessors In 2006

Yes we heard about it already on Newspapers.Many developers,Non-apple users,product developers are happy to hear that apple finally decided to break out of thier hardware dependent restriction.Now Mac OS can be installed on Intel processor based computers.Now what will be changed in future?1.] Many Windows users[Designers/Companies] will migrate to Macintosh.2.] Most of the viruses will be written for Macintosh.Simmilarly many developers will write applications for Macintosh.3.] Bill gates will change his strategy for next operating system,possible changes like no product activation.Backdoor deals with most of the hardware vendors to make products designed specifically for his operating system.4.] Open source world will be more powerfull,as mac is based on FreeBSD.Most of the stuff from apple is already available for developers.5.] We wil see a world of operating system where Unix based & Low user based other Operating system on one side & Microsoft's operating system on another side.In short,War of operating system will begin.You know that Microsoft already started pointing towards Linux as it is illegal thing from Microsoft's point of view.6.] Everyone will try to bring something new for thier user,usually copying features from each other in turn will benefit users of any Operating system.What i can say to apple "Welcome to the real World",Be ready for the spywares,scums.Watch out with White hat virus writers/Hackers(like Norton antivirus).You don't need to do enough marketing to spread your product,single news on your website will do the job.As the world is watching you.Enjoy miilion of users arround the world.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Edited topic title as per request.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Wow, thanks for letting us know about this. This is incredibly big news, I doubt anybody will really be able to predict 100% exactly the effect this is going to have especially in the multimedia development market where Mac reigns absolute supreme. I'll definately be following this very closely- Even though it looked like it would happen sooner or later I never really thought it would- although mac has always catered for a niche market they have always strived to bring the absolute best with no compromise. Intel, microsoft, etc are very keyed in with market demand, as in delivering faster products when they are needed, mac has always been more concerned about overall quality and that is one of the reasons why mac have usually had the policy of not having a deadline but rather releasing a product when it is up to the quality they expect from it.

wow ... thnx for the notice ... i hope that this new way that apple took dont affect to the quality of their products ... as you say now the are the new target of the hackers, spywares, ads etc ... they need to be prepared for "the real world" ... :rolleyes: