xisto Community
Derarath

Honest Opinion

Alright, heres the scoop.I'm making a website layout for this guy's company, and added a bonus throw in introduction in it too. Moments later the guy's telling me that it wasn't me who wrote it but a chinese guy! Please, I want everyone to see this website and read the introduction and tell me if it really sounds if it were written by a chinese man!http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Going to court won't help unless you have proof that you wrote the introduction. Unfortunately, there is a spelling mistake and a couple of grammatical errors in the intro that won't help your side of the arguement.

It was poorly written someone may think it was by someone who's first language is not english.

Are you saying that chinese people aren't capable of writing english? Don't stereotype... lol(I'm chinese and english isn't my first language.. = =)My point is... the quality of writing can't prove anything.Besides, the intro isn't perfect anyways... lolSee if you can find something else that will prove you wrote it...

i will put it like this you are SCREWED!!!!!! its called a contract dude might suggest watermarking your site design next time

Hi,
If you can't take him to court then just ask him to change it. It may sound stupid but maybe if you tell him how hacked off you are he might change it? I dunno. If that fails then there is always a crowbar in the corner of your room (lol). Cheers. Sean Webber (Alive).

So, to get this clear- Does the guy believe you plagerized someone else? Or is he just saying that it sounds as though someone whose first language isn't english (yes, it's stereotypical to say he's from China) wrote it?

If you want my honest opinion :rolleyes: I'd have to say that is does seem a little over-the-top adjective-wise and that might give someone the impression that it was written by someone who doesn't usually write in english. :lol:

Wait - so is he claiming that a Chinese person made the site and the introduction or just the intro? If it's just the intro then I wouldn't worry about it; that probably took a max of 5 minutes.

The Intro:

Toronto Mac is a top devoted company that is involved in the development of repairing, selling, the diversity of Mac and Windows hardware. Toronto Mac will insure you to have great care over your equipment with smiles along the way. We here at Toronto Mac try to insure all our costumers with the safe and happy relief of installing, repairing, and selling in different varieties of Macs and PCs. We are dedicated into bringing you the best of service available to you.

The word top doesn't even belong in there, makes the wording sound awkward if not being grammatically incorrect. Also development doesn't belong there either and it should just say "involved in repairing and selling" and diversity doesn't really work well there either. 2nd sentence, the first "to" doesn't belong there and the word care is NOT the right word to use....

Well, I could go on, but am not going to bother. I'm just pointing out that if it is your work you really didn't give the guy anything of quality that will look professional to any professional with a decent handle on the English language. Content yourself with the fact that if anything it makes his site look worse and... really, I'd suggest not looking into a career as an intro-writer any time soon :unsure: