xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
green fairy

Plastic Effect In Photoshop

Let me show you how to create this pretty cool liquid plstic effect in Photoshop:

1) Open a new document (I used 500x500)

2) Now press D to make the foreground and background colour the default.

3) Go Filter -> Render -> Clouds so that you have something like this:

Posted Image

4) Go Filter -> Render -> Difference Clouds and press Ctrl + f ones to repeat.

Posted Image

5) Now go to Filter -> Liquify. Use the default settings, but set the brush size to 60. Draw your brush around until you get the liquid effect you want.

I made mine look like this:

Posted Image

6) Press Ctrl + u. This will bring out the hue/saturation bar. Use these settings:

Posted Image

Now, here's my result from this. I chose to use the colour purple, but you can of cours choose what colour you like.

Posted Image

7) Now duplicate so that you have two layers. Selecting the top layer, go Edit -> Transform -> Flip Horizontal

8) Set the top layer's blending mode to overlay.

9)With the top layer still selected, click Ctrl + E to merge the layers together. Here's how my image turned out:

Posted Image

10) Go to Filter -> Artistic -> Plastic Wrap. Use these settings:

Posted Image

This will give a nice liquid effect to the image:

Posted Image

11) If you want an even more liquid effect, you can go to Filter -> Liquify ones more. Use the same settings as before.

Now here's my final result:

Posted Image

Omg! I actually understood this! It's awsome good, great explanation. I just did this, took me 10 minutes. Here's what I came up with; Here's what I came up with!

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/clanvel/KuBisSig.bmp

Btw, can you please tell us how you got your image more liguidy like that. I couldn't seem to get it right. But my end results who still fantastic for my first time! ~Thanks

Glad that you made use of the tutorial. Looked at your image just now. It looks really good :P I don't think I did anything special to make my image more liquidy. Just did the same as I described in the tutorial. Did you complete step 11? I guess you just have to play aroud a bit with the liquid filter. Use the brush and simply drag it around until you get the effect you want. Anyway, I think your image looks very good as it is :P