xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Raptrex

Microsoft Blocks Firefox!

Lol dirty move from Microsoft... Let's hope if Google ever buys Mozilla they'll make their website Mozilla only :P Or not because that would be just as lame as Micrrosft :\'neway I life firefox much more then internet explorer, and since I dont visit Microsofts sites anyway I dont have to install the darn IE (Which can only be partly uninstalled by windows :\)Same goes for MSN Messenger not using the default browser etc...

Oh manz ...In that case, Microsoft becomes the loser...Because it used dirty ways to force people to use IE.Damn manz...Microsoft shouldn't be like this...Surely people will still use IE to download windows patches to update windows and Norton uses high on IE too...Most people who doesn't know what's going on will find it troublesome to change browsers since IE features such convience and easy navigations, will not find the problems raised by IE, especially the security loopholes...Well I think its a stategy, or rather a lousy strategy, by Microsoft...It's like, if you don't use IE, you won't have a good Windows OS.

you can unistall internet explorer by taking it out before you install windowsand you can use firefox to view everyting :Pif your interested on how to do this, ill find the article that explains how

That's crazy and thats a selfish one... grrhhh... If this real why microsoft do that? Are they insecured? Why? I used FireFox but so far I havn't encountered the same case a you mention earlier. Any way, I forgot to mention, in business is not a new issues. may be all of you realized the possible reasons why MS blocks firefox, simple maybe just to stay in IE, and get away from firefox and or other browser, if some links was blocks by microsoft how about other browser? may be not or may yes? I 'm sure those who created firefox can overcome this issues. Microsoft is sometimes do selfish things.:rolleyes:

and yet the battle goes who will prevail or will win find out in the next episode of DragonBall Z oops i mean MICROSOFT lol

Hmm, while I wouldn't decide to make the decision that Microsoft has made, I don't think that what they did really surprises me that much. They know that Mozilla Firefox dominates Internet Explorer and are trying to solve the problem by running away from it (not a very smart thing to do). It's pretty stupid of them to limit how many people will look at their site, therefore they are ultimately losing possible customers and clients. Oh well, let Microsoft shoot themselves in the foot. I am not trying to say that just because they made some parts of their site off-limits to users of other browsers other than Internet Explorer, but this isn't the first and last time that they will do something like this. What Microsoft should be focusing on instead is trying to omprove and restore the image of their outdated and unsecure web-browser. Will they manage to do that with Internet Explorer 7, or will it be just another lame attempt by Microsoft at trying to "update" their software. Only time will tell.AmeriBass

Does it really suprise you?Microsoft does this type of *BLEEP* all the time. It just takes awhile for people to realize it. The sad part is, is that as much money Microsoft has put into blocking things, if they would just up their expertise and make Microsoft semi bug free then maybe we wouldn't be looking at different things such as Firefox. Then again, why would Microsoft do that?

they are trying to defend their territory, i can see that, but that still is no excuse if they are doing it for no reason (some sites are not compatable, but forcing it to be like that is just wrong) i know msn spaces wont allow firefox, and neither does gmail (tho it works it limits functionality of it sadly)I think microsoft finally sees that firefox just might be better than IE and is trying to get rid of the compition.