xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milovoriel

I've Read Pinned Topics Above... Still Need Help!

Ok, so today I've been accepted for hosting account .... "yeah" :P .... I've gone into file manager and created a homepage file in the "www" directory .... then I tried to upload file URL but I keep getting the error message page, telling me to go to my sites homepage ie, (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) .... I've read through the post about "domains, settings etc..." but need clarifications because I'm still not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's just that it's taking a while for my domain name to kick in.... when approving my application , OpaQue said that my domain was already propogated to one of your servers .. (whatever that means). . Please keep your reply simple because as far as web design goes, Im well .... lets just say that so far my site has been created by good luck rather than good management.

Do you think things would have been simpler, if I'd just chosen a subdomain name?

On the email you received just after you were approved for the hosting package, you will find all necessary instructions and links to access your "hosting drive". This email will tell you what would be your FTP address and cPanel login address, including the username you have set and the password.

Once you have the access to your hosting drive, go to the /public_html folder and either over write the existing index.html (watch the extension) file or delete it and just upload your index file. Instead of uploading whole bunch, upload a simple single page at a time and see if it shows up when you type the address, i.e. http://ww38.yoursite.com/
the
file you uploaded.ext.

Let us know if you are still having some issues.