xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Milli Riba

Age Of Empires II

I just love this RTS game!!In fact its even better than EmpireEarth n Age of Mythology!! Even today more than 600000 people play it online everyday....So wat ya say?? Aint it the best RTS of all time??

Hey man...Well I agree with you! AOE 2 is the best RTS game ever made cos' it's just enough complicated and not like some other RTS games which has soo many heroes and stuff that it's just too much (AOM, warcraft,...)Which nick do u play with? We can play sometimes!Greetz, Liquid Fire

This is my fav rts.. It beats any rts that i ever played. THe graphics where ahead of its times when it was released.. I just love the game.. if i still had it would definetly start over and play it.

I had to join in say that I agree with people about this game. It has a very good balance between all the different elements so that no individual part feels too strained. I did find it sometimes became a little too defensive for my tastes, but once you got used to it and worked out strategies to get past the defences it evened out a bit. Now I just need to worry about the fact that having heard someone mention the game I will probably dig it out and reinstall it later, and lose far too many hours catching up. i wouldn't usually mind, but the family expects me to show my face for Christmas dinner. ;)

You need to get your priorities right. Schools and sports will be about forever. Games are best played when they are still relatively recent so you don't hit any legacy issues with drivers and the like. Seriously though i do know what you mean. Games like this have a horrible way of taking up too much time and so it becomes very difficult to play them when you only ever get a few minutes off at a time. I have ruined good memories of a few games by having to rush through bits of them and spend longer loading and saving than playing when I had too much to do so now tend only to play when I know I have a lot of time to spare.

YEa true screw sports and go to games??lol.. Go outside ;) jk. The graphics are really amzing. I still watch the intro of the game beacuse everytime i see it it amazes me more. It suck when you play online, after 2 minutes you're dead.

If you can arrange it, try playing a LAN game with people you know, it tends to be much more fun, and if they start getting too far ahead you can just get up and go and steal their mouse. I've found that usually makes it very hard for them to kill you. Generally though, I've never been a big fan of playing online with strangers, too many people are out to make a point and not enough just want to enjoy playing the game. Even on LAN games I tend to lose much too often, but it's more fun that way anyway.

Hmm... I know I've played it before, but ever since my computer got messed up (stupid virus), I'm beginnning to forget what games I used to have. It could have been Age of Empires I or II... I dunno, but I've played both of them, and I really like two cause I think the graphics are better than the first one... And it's fun (and most probably) funner than the first. (Never did try playing online...)

It's well worth digging out the CDs and having a look around, lots of people still play online, and because the game is older now, the people who do still play tend to be the ones who really enjoy it. Lots of games draw in all sorts of people when they are new who aren't necessarily the most fun to have in an online game, but as time goes by theys eem to get bored of it and move on, and the ones left are generally better. Saying that I haven't played for a fair while either now, so who knows how things may stand at the moment.

Well, i think it's actually the first game of its own kind. After that there are a lot of other games similar to it, but Age of Empire remains the most classic one. Advancing from dark age to feudal age and so on and so on. i still play it sometimes. And of course the online feature was great. ;-)will find my CD somewhere and install it again.