xisto Community
Saint_Michael

HTML COPYRIGHT this is the biggest debate want opinions

ok i would believe this would be the biggest topic of all time where does the copyrights for any scripting excluding software start and were does it end.its amazing how people can say their html is copyrighted when a few million designers use the same thing, pictures understandale but not html, cgi, javascript, php, asp and all those other scripting related things.yeah starting webdesign i took some ideas or plane out copyed the whole page just to get a understanding of it but still.. oh i could swing it the whole other way and say i might be wrong and its www protocal which i highly doubt that.for all te javascripts that i see or used thiers alot of copyrighting going on and where credit due yeah some maybe orginal or simple to do but still when some crazy webdesigner is finding his layout all over the net saying they will press changes or some *BLEEP* like that can blow it out my *bottom*.so i SAY SCREW WWW COPYRIGHTING IN ALL ITS FORMS

Yeah.. Copyrighting script as simple as html it pretty ridiculous. Some Javascript I can understand (I've seen some javascripts with more lines than many perl scripts), but HTML? Really.. what could possibly be done with it at this point that hasn't been done already?

Copyright? Yea i undestand why some people put it. I mean yea its kind of funny to put it on html. But if someone made their own script like php,javascript,c++ it would be alright to put copyright. Well like if you put copyright it doesn't really matter except if you registered that script or product, so when ever you see your product or script used somehwere else without your permission you can sue them.Me, i don't put copyright on some of my staff. Like staff that i make for people i don't even put my name.I respect people who worked hours to put some script, software, or other stuff together and they put copyright all over that. Its their own work and I see no wrong about that.Copyright is good when it is used right.

I don't think copyrighting HTML makes a whole lot of sense. I think it boils down to a more moral issue of calling it your own if you took it from elsewhere. I can better understand stuff like PHP, Javascript, C++, and etc.

I agree copyright on pure (x)html is strange and to be honoust I never seen it, Oke I see allot of "copyright by: blabla" at page footers but thats for the design and content of the page aka text, drawings, pictures ect and to have copyright on your own drawings, pictures and text (as in dont copy without asking me first) is kinda logical imo :rolleyes:

I dont think you should be able to copyright html, especially if they've used a wysiwyg editor, I mean does that then mean that anyone who goes on your site has to pay to see the page and therefore access the html, I do agree that with graphics and flash and stuff like that there should be copyrights, but not html.

The internet was meant to be open-source (that's why you have a view source button). Copyrighting HTML is like copyrighting an idea. Images and such may be copyrighted but code can be protected by compiling it (that should be enough).

yeah, i also think it comes down to a moral issue. I wouldn't be worried if someone copied my javascript or nifty HTML code <_< but i at least think that they would leave my name on just the particular section they used (even if it was just as a comment in the code). It makes sense with executable programs, like written in basic or c++ (etc) because when programming like this you are solving a big problem by solving many small problems. i think that when programming in c or basic it is about not only the techniques you use, but how you coordinate it all too.I agree with copyrighting the design of web pages, but not the code/script.

I didnt read up there but i got info for youWhen you purchase a .com they copyright every bit of material you put on the site, every image text everything, if you dont want your stuff getting out so people can use and say they made it then you put a copyright because then they are breaking the law.. i think this clears everything up <_<

HTML copyrighting is really dumb because it should be open for anyone to use. It is like how no one really owns breathing, everyone just has to do it.

If someone codes an html/php/asp/whatever layout, that should be copyrighted. It's just like writing or drawing something. You made it and it should be copyrighted. If someone cpies your layout without your permission or refuses to give you credit, it's stealing.

If someone codes an html/php/asp/whatever layout, that should be copyrighted. It's just like writing or drawing something. You made it and it should be copyrighted. If someone cpies your layout without your permission or refuses to give you credit, it's stealing.

I think the real question is if it is something that you would naturally create on your own. Copyrights are ment to protect unique material just like patients are ment to protect unique ideas. The requirement for a patient is that someone using the standard ideas of the time wouldn?t naturally reach the same conclusions. Unfortunately patients and copyrights are rewarded far to easy. Do you know that Microsoft has a patient for the way it draws rectangles on the screen. All it does is exclusive ors the bits. How many people could of thought of that. Come one.