xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
melancholy

Making Adobe Photoshop Brushes how to make brushes in photoshop

This tutorial is based for Adobe PhotoShop 8.0Want to know how to make a brush in Photoshop? :P well then this tutorial is for you! Please read the post carefully. 1. First make a 150 by 150 canvas. Make sure the settings are:Preset: Custom, width: 150 -pixels, height: 150 -pixels, resolution: 72 -pixels/inch, color mode: RGB color -8 bit, background contents: white. Click the Text tool. Then change your font, size. I recommend you Porcelain for your font, and the size 200 px. You should know that if you click the size button, it only shows you that it can only go up to size 72 px. But if you type in 200 px, it should work out fine. (It does't matter what color your font color is. We will be changing it later).. Now make sure the text tool is still clicked. And then click the canvas. After that, type in 1 letter. And move the letter over, so you only see the swirls of the letter. You can check if it worked in the Layers box. You should see an image: "T", and beside it the letter you typed in.. Now go to Layer, and click "Flatten Image". Your background and text should be merged.5. Click Image, then click "Mode", then click "Grayscale". There is a pop-up saying: "Discard color information?", click "OK". Now your image/text should turn grayish, or maybe black. 6. Now go to Edit, click "Define Brush Preset". A pop-up will appear. And now you can name your brush. 7. You are finish! You can check if it worked by clicking the Brush tool. Click the brush form (below the button Layers). Your brush should be at the end of the list. So scroll down and click your brush, and try it out! :P Tutorial on Making PS Brushes by: Kiki, User name: melancholy

A very good tutorial but would have been better if you backed it up with images of your work. That would surely make your work to be more elaborate.

I agree. That is a very good and helpful tutorial, but would be better if it had pictures to help explain what you were doing. Other than that, well done! I'll go and try it out now for myself.

heys, pretty good tutorial, but shouldn't the point be to teach people how to make brushes in photoshop, not just brushes using porcelain? I mean, you could go into the diff effects you could use... if everyone makes Porcelain brushes there wouldn't be much variety would there :P