xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Thunder

Iq Test What the best site out there?

Maybe he just wants to know what the best sites are?

The problem with these IQ Tests sites are they're not standardised - every single test has a different gauging system so you can end up with a set of very different scores which can be very confusing.

According to my friend, whose mum's in Mensa, genius is over 140, and a test once told me I'm 143 and my friend, 158. However, the Tickle test (link below) said my score is only 113, and my friend, only 130+... so it's difficult to tell what is and what isn't... I guess you could take the MENSA test if you really cared, but then you'd have to pay...

I rather like the Tickle Test though - it tells you where you're strengths lie :P

Tickle Test: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ya, true. But my average IQ is 179

Maybe he just wants to know what the best sites are?

The problem with these IQ Tests sites are they're not standardised - every single test has a different gauging system so you can end up with a set of very different scores which can be very confusing.

According to my friend, whose mum's in Mensa, genius is over 140, and a test once told me I'm 143 and my friend, 158. However, the Tickle test (link below) said my score is only 113, and my friend, only 130+... so it's difficult to tell what is and what isn't... I guess you could take the MENSA test if you really cared, but then you'd have to pay...

I rather like the Tickle Test though - it tells you where you're strengths lie :P

Tickle Test: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

151422[/snapback]

IQ tests are useless and irrelevant. Lots of people tend to get into the hype that having a high IQ is synonymous with being intelligent. Let me tell you right now, it isn't. An IQ, despite what the acronym tells you, doesn't measure Intelligence. It measures knowledge. How much you know. Why is it so important to make a clear distinction? Because it doesn't matter how much you know, it isn't going to change how intelligent you are.

Any single person on the planet could be taught the most difficult mathematics ever (if they are willing to learn it). So does that mean that everyone is equally intelligent? Doubtful. Equally, a lack knowledge does not equate to stupidity.

One could just not be educated in certain areas, but given the opportunity to learn them, would completely master.

That's the basic flaw of IQ. You can measure how much someone knows. But you can't measure just really how intelligent (ability to reason) a person has.

There are several flaws with IQ tests. One, as Notoroge, pointed out, is that they mostly test knowledge. Also, some people have been very successful, then gotten thier IQ tested and found that it wasn't that high. Another thing is that most internet tests inflate your score a lot. They do this so you'll want to buy their results and see how "smart" you are. Of the ones posted, I'd tend to trust the MENSA one most, but IQ is really pointless.