xisto Community
round

Flash Rant flash designers piss me off

I've just been hired by a company full time, inhouse because their old flash designer said he was too too busy to do work for them. So when asked for the fla files he send them all messed up. I really hate that. Plus he's not the greatest designer but thinks he is. I mean he's open about using other peoples scripts so that the sites he creates are really just patched versions. It's taking me like forever to get just the simplest thing done, and i'm just waisting time. Plus i'm really feeling like i'm giving off the impression that i'm totally incompetent to my bosses. Which totally sucks!!!!
round

Hey man, congrats on landing a job. Maybe I should do something useful this summer to hone my skills that I may need to use to get hired one day.Anyways, I've seen your work, and it's awesome! May I ask where you learned Flash?

I actually learned flash on my own. It took me awhile, and i really should have taken a class. I've been thinking of doing just that, to really really get the hang of action scripting. I've bought books but I have no real energy for it. It would really help, because i want to start scripting games.
I would say that finding a job isn't really all that difficult, they're out there, just keep applying to anything. But you might end up making more money and have greater job security working for a fast food joint.
round

i envy your job......i make 10$ and hour making ductwork for an air conditioning company...and its very very hot outside...but you get to work inside....which is why i wanna be a web designer

not sure where your from but i'm sure there're are web jobs around. I'm from montreal canada and i have to say that it's like the hardest place to find a job. One because there're aren't that many around and students always end up getting the jobs because they never ask for lots. Kinda sucks.
round