xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Goosestaf

Bf2-demo

BF2 Demo is out now.

https://www.ea.com/games

Well, after many many hours the past two days playing, I believe this game is so incredibly AMAZING! Squads are perfect, along with all the team work going on. There are still many tks on the carrier, which can get annoying. Commander, I havn't tried yet, but I like the support that a good commander can give. Artillery is insane, scary when you hear it comin down.

Jets - Simply amazing, although the JSF has some wierd querks with its VTOL. I love how every aspect of it controls, but when you aren't moving you can practically rock back and forth and roll the plane upside down, in a stopped position. I love to go on bombing raids, its pretty tough with the JSF but still effective. With the SU Bomber, you can litteraly rack up the kills(I got 50 in about 5 min) cause all you need to do is load up, fly over an enemy flag and drop the bombs(holds 5) and it will waste everyone down there, then go reload quickly and come back at it again. I have to say the afterburner is great, and dogfights are very tough. I have yet to use the gun on the jet to actually shoot anything down. But other than that I can definately see PoE taking the Jets and making them simply awesome.

Tanks - Tanks are fun, but I still feel that they are a little small in proportion to everything else. The crouch feature in the gunner position is great, and its much easier to actually use the gunner position, not only for tanks but for every mounted weapon. I hear complaints about the tanks look as far as shooting and the shell speed/look. I feel that it is very accurate and perfect, as thats what it really does do and look like(find some videos online that show a tank shell being fired) I also love how if you are too close to the tanks barrel when it fires you get the loud ringing and blurred vision. Great visuals.

Helicopters - Helis are great, they take sometime getting used to but once you figure out how they are most effective they can be deadly. Still getting used to it, as they are far less maneuverable(not cheap like the BFV ones that you can litterally circle flags aiming down and waste everyone with). These are definately not a noob thing, they are very tough to handle properly. I love how the guns are set up for both the pilot and the gunner on the helis. Can't wait for the commanche and apache:) I know PoE will take this to new limits!

The guns are actually just the way I wanted them to be. They are very innacurate when you are moving, and even when you are standing. But if you use the aim and crouch/lie down, and change the firing mode to single shot, you can tap it off and the accuracy is far better. I am able to use the weapons very effectively, and I absolutely love the M203. And the Anti Tank kit is fun, I love the guided rocket and all the sounds for the guns. Feels like a real war when everything is going to hell!

This map is probibly going to be one of the "worse" maps, I believe, just because of the pics I have seen of the other maps show some awesome forrests and such, and will have much more to them. The Gulf of Oman seems a little bare, though beautiful none the less.

Graphics are simply stunning. I love the look of the water, its practically real! I am able to run at max settings, 64 players online and not one bit of lagg or glitches. Well, of course the occasional lagg, but nothing thats annoying.

All in all a very good demo/taste of the full game. BF2 has far exceeded my expectations. i advise you try it.

wow goose, it sounds awesome, just like i thought it would be, lolI am downloading it now, i hope it will run on my pos compaq.yeah i love games with a good water effect too, i dunno but it makes it that much more perfect :P

I played that game and I thought it was really stupid since there was no crosshair. But graphic are fine and its hard to see in the dark sometimes.

I played that game and I thought it was really stupid since there was no crosshair.  But graphic are fine and its hard to see in the dark sometimes.

151308[/snapback]

you must not have paid much attention because there is a crosshair. you also said its hard to see in the dark... there are hardly any dark places in the map that comes with the download. maybe your monitor is just set dark. go into options and choose the color you want for your crosshair.

if you can get into a server, clan, or tournament that plays the game in an organized manner, it is much more fun than just pubbing. i recommend this game to everyone who loves first person shooters.