xisto Community
odomike

Vga Features...... Hardware Transform and Lighting

Hey people,

I recently bought Halo combact evolved and installed it into my HDD but to my surprise, I could not play the game due to VGA Hardware problems.

I am using an nVIDIA RIVA 64 PRO/64M with 32 MB memory and it is running at 300MHz onboard processor speed with 1.4GB transfer speed. The game complained that It is having probs with my VGA.

I ran an analysis of my VGA with a system analysis software called Everest Home Edition and I was able to detect that my VGA does not have a feature called Hardware Transform and Lighting. I think thats the problem with t he game cause the software recommended that I should get a VGA with that feature as most modern games require it to play.

I would like someone to recommend a good VGA card with that feature for me. ATI or nVIDIA are my prefered VGA cards.

Please help...

wat is a VGA??

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Removed the entire quote. When replying with a simple question you do not need to quote the entire message. And do not add within quotes (I am talking about four smilies you added between lines).
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

wat is a VGA??

VGA means....video graphics adapter. Thats the hardware that displays everything that is going on in your CPU on the monitor. without a VGA card, you cannot view anything on your monitor screen.

I hope that my simple explanation solves your problem.

halo is a pain to play on pc and requires some nice hardware to run smoothly. i had problems on a 5200 and a 2600XP+ and it only runs smooth on my new 64 bit system with an OC'd 6600GT (handles it just as well un-overclocked) basicly you will need a 2ghz+ CPU, i would recomend no less than 512 MB of ram and a midrange card to get it working, a 5700U, 5900XT, 9600XT, 9700P or if your thinking of upgrading and can aford to spend a little more got for a 6600GT as they kick some serious *bottom* (beats a X800 in most games :P ) basicly you may be needing a total system upgrade

Hey people,

I recently bought Halo combact evolved and installed it into my HDD but to my surprise, I could not play the game due to VGA Hardware problems.

I am using an nVIDIA RIVA 64 PRO/64M with 32 MB memory and it is running at 300MHz onboard processor speed with 1.4GB transfer speed. The game complained that It is having probs with my VGA.

I ran an analysis of my VGA with a system analysis software called Everest Home Edition and I was able to detect that my VGA does not have a feature called Hardware Transform and Lighting. I think thats the problem with t he game cause the software recommended that I should get a VGA with that feature as most modern games require it to play.

I would like someone to recommend a good VGA card with that feature for me. ATI or nVIDIA are my prefered VGA cards.

Please help...

151020[/snapback]

Try to search from "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; you can find many video card there and check for the requiresment you need.

Check it first if it fits the requirements needed for your games before you buy a new one, theres a lot of vga card out there, but for me I suggest asus VGA card Radeon X850Series is enough.