xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shackman

Low Disk Space Pop-up Ballon

Hi guys!I am running Windows XP Home Edition 2600, SP2 RC2.Now my hard disk is really full but I have no plans to free up more space. Windows keeps giving a low disk space pop up ballon near the CSA trap(the one next to the clock). Now its getting really irritating and do you guys have any way to remove the reminder?-Shackman

My suggestion to you is to get a portable hard drive and transfer some data off of your computer onto the portable hard drive. I think you need around 200 mb of space to get rid of the pop up window. I had the same problem and I ended up deleting stuff.

What does xp-AntiSpy do? I visited the weblink you gave me but it was in...dutch I think?I went to read the English FAQ but it seems that there is not introduction about the program. From what is written in the FAQ, it seems like a program which edits the registry. Since, its the registry, naturally, I would be concerned. Can you tell me more about it?-Shackman

Shackman, if you want XP to stop giving you warnings and other annoying stuff, you need to edit the registry and/or head out to the services tab (Start>Run>services.msc) and turn the subroutines that control them. I have a copy of a procedure on how to do this, but I forgot where I put it. B) I'll let you know when I find it.

Shackman, if you want XP to stop giving you warnings and other annoying stuff, you need to edit the registry and/or head out to the services tab (Start>Run>services.msc) and turn the subroutines that control them.
I have a copy of a procedure on how to do this, but I forgot where I put it.  B)  I'll let you know when I find it.

Can you let me know as soon as you find it?

What does xp-AntiSpy do? I visited the weblink you gave me but it was in...dutch I think?
I went to read the English FAQ but it seems that there is not introduction about the program. From what is written in the FAQ, it seems like a program which edits the registry. Since, its the registry, naturally, I would be concerned.

Can you tell me more about it?

-Shackman

simply download it and run it B)

the soft is english lol :-)

here is it's faq

Frequently asked questions
Written by Administrator
Saturday, 11 October 2003

Q:Do I have to buy this program?
A: Definitely not !! This is Freeware!

Q: Causes using this program any instabilities of my system?
A:I don't think so. I modify the registrykeys, as they are set when you do this manually. And you can even reset them if you're unsure about it.

Q: Does this program contain trojans or viruses?
A: Nope!

Q:I don't know the meaning of those settings. Which shall I choose, which not?
A: You don't have to care, during the startup of the program the recommended settings are set. These are the ones that I use on my machine, too. You only have to decide whether to keep the MS Messenger or not. If you wanna know more about the settings, do a search on the internet. I plan to make a linklist with some interesting sources.

Q: Who programmed this tool?
A: Me, I'm a student of computerscience and enjoy coding. My intention to program is to make stupid and boring things easier.

Q: Why should I use this program?
A: MS has integrated some tools and services into the system, that automatically can connect to the internet without noticing you about it. Nobody knows what's possible to transfer from your computer to the connected servers via these services. So if you want to stop these services, you can do this manually and take a walk through XP, or you use my tool which does the same thing, except it saves you time.

Q: Where'd you got those information about these tools and services, that can automatically connect to the internet?
A: Well, as an enthusiastic Web-Surfer I collected this information from all over the internet, especially thanks must go out to the CosmoConnor-Userboard .

Q: Can I avoid the 'Windows Product Activation' by using this program?
A: Nope.

Q: Do I have to start the program every time windows starts?
A: No, but it's no problem if you start it from time to time, to see if all the settings are still in the state of your choice.

Q: What happens if I install any ServicePacks for WindowsXP?
A: I don't know. The worst thing I think, is that some of the settings are reset.

Q: If I ran the program, do I need a firewall any longer?
A: Yes you do! Think of all the other programs or built in functions that can connect to the internet. In my opinion it's mandatory to use a firewall and an up to date virusscan software.

Q: Does the program work also on Win95/98/Me?
A: No.

Q: Which RegistryKeys are modified?
A: I'm in the progress of bringing all the changes to a viewable format.

Q: Who taught you such an 'excellent' english ;-)
A: I watched nearly all episodes of Futurama and the Simpsons in its original language

here is the url
http://xpantispy.org/?option=com_ry&filecatid=20

He doesnt have a popup problem, its XP's warning to tell him that there not alot of space left. I would search on google "disabling xp warnings or ballons" sumthin like that hehe...if u cant find it, just free up some room heh, use the Disk Cleanup Wizard to remove temp files and stuff..

The problem with Disk Cleanup Wizard is it doesn't really give you an option which files you want to clean-up. It always recommend "Compressed Files," but it doesn't show which files are those.

Well..its dangerous to download something you don't even know. And furthermore, its sometihng to do with the registry.I think that dosen't really answer my question on how I can disable the pop up ballon. Maybe it would be better if you can tell me exactly what the program does or a list of its full features? I don't understand Dutch(is the website in dutch?that's my guess, correct me if i am wrong)

You probobly could disable it, but I would recommend freeing up some hard disk space. Having too little free space slows everything right down, and can cause programs to fail.

One good and cheap way to keep your hard disk free of clutter is to get a CD-Writer and backup everything you want to keep, and then delete it from your disk. You can pickup writers for around $20-50 now days, and a blank CD costs less than a dollar.

Try this1. format c:2. Order Linux Mandrake3. Put te disc in cdrom and your problems will go away :lol:

Try this instead, format C:Download SuSE Linux 9.1 or Fedora Core 2 (FOR FREE!)Get either Wine (free), Cedega (USD $40, for games only) or Win4Lin 5.0 (USD $50, DirectX is NOT SUPPORTED!)THIS WILL GET RID OF YOUR NOTICES AND WINDOWS! (WHICH IS A RELIEVE FOR USERS)xboxrulz