xisto Community
hayri

Firetune - Make Firefox Faster Thats real

Hi all, I found a new application with that you can speed up Firefox. And I read a review (it was in german...so I can't put it here) where it was said that FireTune makes FF little faster.

Download: http://dmextension.mozdev.org/installation.html

And don't forget: Make a backup of the old settings, you can do it with this application.

I went there, but it says that what i'm downloading it the Download Tweak Manager. Are you sure you didn't mean to say Download Tweak Manager and said FireTune?

I got the a while back, and to be hpnest have not noticed a large speed increase (I'm on dial up though so I'm holding that responsible), however that is not saying this tool does not work, as I did notice a decrease in startup time and slight less memory usage.I do however really like the option to replace the really annoying error pop up with a page that allows you re-try (this is really usefull for us dial-up users who get disconnected all the time). so yeah I liked this tool and found it to be effective in at least increasing the useabillity of this great browser.

I believe that Firefox is an amazing browser. It's the only one I use, and I really appreciate all of the features, security, standards-complaince, and other perks that make it the amazing program that it is. But having said that, there are some bones that I have to pick.

One being the resources consumption. It's impossible to deny that Firefox has some heavy memory-leakage issues, random bugs, and is overall system-intensive.

Bringing this post on-topic, I felt that it was appropriate to point out that if you type: about:config, in your Firefox address-bar, you can tweak-out any aspect of Firefox. This is a lot more hands-on that downloading an extension, but if you don't like bogging up your already heavy Firefox installation, then tweaking pre-installed configurations would be a much viable alternative.

Having said that, I'd like to re-ask someone's question in this thread that has remained unanswered, does this help the application's interface and overall performance, or does this instead speed-up the "connection"?

The interface I wouldn't mind having work more efficiently, but the connection is as good as I want it (by tweaking out the previously mentioned options).

Firefox is a very secure and fast internet browser. and also, it's secure and renders pages correctly unlike Opera, opera dosen't renders pages correctly and they are liars. It's not true that they are the best browser of 2005.