xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cse-icons

Hoax Trivia April Fool Hoaxes

hi friends,

I have got a few interesting hoax trivia questions.
Hope u like them:

1. News vendors have usually been very creative in their FoolÂs Day jokes. In 1957 BBC reported that Switzerland had a good crop of this popular food item. It even showed peasants plucking strands of this item from trees. Sure enough the BBC office began receiving calls as to how this item could be grown to which they advised their listeners that they should put a stand of this item in a can of tomato sauce and hope for the best. What was the item?
2. AlmanacÂs that foretold the events of the year to come was popular in England during the 17th and 18th century. In 1708, an astrologer named Isaac Bickerstaff published his almanac and predicted the death of a fellow astrologer and almanac writer John Partridge, which would take place on March 29th of that year. As a follow up he published a pamphlet on the 30th saying that he was right. Mr. Partridge had a tough day on FoolÂs Day as he tried to explain to a 18th century public that he was not a ghost. Eventually he left publishing almanacs. Later it was revealed that Isaac Bickerstaff was the pseudonym adapted by a popular satirist for this hoax. Name the satirist.

3. In 1976 astronomer Patrick Moore announced that a once in a lifetime
astronomical event would take place and if the people jumped up at exactly 9:47 a.m. they would experience something strange. Tell me what the astronomical event was and what did he say the people would experience?

4. Why did the USSR adapt the domain name Âkremvax when it linked up to the Internet?

5. This one is good. Tell me why would the chief engineer of British Telecom order all the female employees in the laboratory disclose what type of bra they were wearing?

6. A brilliant hoax claimed that the American Congress was going to pass a bill numbered SB 040194. What was the bill all about?

7. Who is Professor Olaf Lipro and what did he discover?

8. In 1998 a lavish party was held at Jeff KoonÂs studio to honor a great artist. The artist was a trouble abstract expressionist who had destroyed 99% of his own work before jumping to his death. David Bowie even read out selections from a biography that was soon to be released. The only problem?
No such artist existed. Can you name the fictional artist in whoÂs name this lavish party was thrown?

9. In 1999 the Singapore Straits Times reported about a new start up company called Polo Flair. What was the product offered by Polo Flair?

10.In 1994 why did the Arizona Pest Removal Information Line (For Outside Operations Listings) ask the people of Peoria, Arizona to stay indoors from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.?

Answers follow below:

The answers:

1. Spaghetti

2. Jonathan Swift

3. Pluto would pass behind Jupiter

4. 1984 April Fools on the Net (http://godfatherof.nl/kremvax.html)

5. Apparently the support wire in these bras had been made out of a kind of copper originally designed for use in fire alarms. When this copper came into contact with nylon and body heat, it produced static electricity which, in turn, was interfering with local television and radio broadcasts.

6.Drunken Driving on the Internet  Date revealed 04/01/94. April FoolÂs Day.

7. Professor April Fool

8. Nat Tate

9. Anagram for April Fool

10.Operation Killer Bees. The first letters of the agency revealed April Fools

Cheers.

Disclaimer:
I have quoted here as is that I received in a mail. I have not taken it off any website and the authenticity of the hoaxes is not guaranteed.. :D