xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kahat

New Google Toolbar

The new toolbar is out for about a week now, and i adore the new features (specially the Spell Check). But i have noticed that there are two new buttons, which are important for webmasters: vote for or against the current site. How does google use this data? Does it give something to the serps as pagerank does? This is a nice idea by the way, but can cause some voting spam i guess...So does anybody posess info on the google voting?

Google does this to be able to track with sites are good or bad, good ones get on the list of quick hits in the search engines bad ones don't. and thats all folksThe google toolbar is so handy :D

The new toolbar is out for about a week now, and i adore the new features (specially the Spell Check). But i have noticed that there are two new buttons, which are important for webmasters: vote for or against the current site. How does google use this data? Does it give something to the serps as pagerank does? This is a nice idea by the way, but can cause some voting spam i guess...

So does anybody posess info on the google voting?

149729[/snapback]

hi there ... the google toolbar is really a good tool for webmaster .. but i think you are making a mistake .. because the vote for or against the current site is not a new thing in google toolbar .. it has been there for quite some time :D

I personally do not think that that will affect serp .. i think it's just collecting data for further usage ... if not ... a competitor could easily screw your site :D

Is the Google Toolbar available for Firefox? And what's new with this google toolbar? Google is a wonderful creator of wonderful technologies... :P

Need some help with the new troolbar!I recently perfomed a check for updates on my extensions and updated several including my google tool bar. The update stopped at 452 of 677 and the green bar froze, I tried restarting ad re-updating but the same thing happened. So I stupidly removed the extension and then tried to instal the latest version from scratch but the same problem persists so now I cannot add the toolbar back in.I have tried completely uninstalling FF but when I reinstall it has all my extensions in place and the same freeze occurs when I try to re-install googlebar.So, anyone know how to get passed the instalation bug (unlikely) or how to remove all record of extensions from FF permanently so I can start over?

Notice from Avalon:
There is a specific forum for all things Google, please ensure you post in the correct forum in the future. Moving to "The Google Discussion Forum (GOOGLADE.com / GOOGLAID.com) > Google Services > Google Toolbar"