xisto Community
kahat

Favorite Ms Operating System

What is your favorite MS operating system  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As much as I like Windows XP with its sleek design and all (perhaps moving closer to the OSX (Mac) in appearance?), I like Windows 2000 as it is based on Windows NT and is more secure.

I think the best MS OS is Windows 2000, as it is far more stable and faster than Windows XP. I would also like to put forward a vote for Microsoft Bob OS. It spawned the little characters in MS Office (including 'The Paperclip') and was incredibly user friendly. It also made Microsoft wake up to the fact that not everything they released would be an instant hit. Also, there were very few security bugs of any kind and it was very stable.

I voted for XP cause I've been using it for a long time and it never crashed or showed any weird errors like those i got with Windows 98. XP is also based on NT so I think it is just as secure as 2000. Since I moved directly to XP from 98 (with an unfortunate detour through ME) I don't know how well 2k compares to xp. I did use it on my school's PC though seemed like just as good as xp with any candy-cane theme or visual styles.-----------------------Linux is too difficult to use. I've hearing that is had become easy to use for casual windows users to I tried Fedora Core 3. I was good. I did a full install so I had almost everytype of software imaginable already installed. But I still found that it was too difficult for me, especially compiling softwares from tarballs (or something like that). Anyways but I'm sure its good for the more tech savvy. Its probably more secure, safe and flexible.

Oxygen, try to use SUSE, there's a free legal torrent for it, just search it on Google or go to suseforums.net. It is the easiest and as flexible as Gentoo distribution! It uses the RPM system like Fedora Core and no tarballs are really required.Happy playing w/ ur Fedora Core!xboxrulz