xisto Community
Joannespw

Is Paying With Paypal Safe? your opinion and experiences please

Is Paypal safe?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I think they are generally ok. They are safe and secure, and all transactions I've made have worked out well.The only thing that bugs me is the emails you get from paypal saying that they need more info, or someone was trying to log in to your account, etc, and require your information again. I don't think these are official paypal emails, but they still stress me out about the whole thing, and I stopped using paypal for a while because of this. But if you have no other method to pay online, paypal works.

I like paypal - however, since their integration with ebay, they have gotten out of the range of the people whom they are supposed to provide service to. One time when I and my mother were in the process of purchasing a laptop from ebay we had issues with how they were withdrawing money from our accounts; instead of taking the funds from one of the credit cards (as we specified) they took the funds from the savings account linked to the paypal account. After causing an overdraft on the account, they went on to another account which was closed, and finally after complaining to us about NOT being able to withdraw the money and asking for an alternate payment source (which we had already given them [the credit card we had wanted the full balance taken from]) - the full amount was paid out to the vendor whom had sold us the laptop.As a sour after note - they informed us (after we had already paid the vendor, and we were VERY satisfied with our purchase) that (for some reason they did not disclose) that we DID NOT have to pay the vendor for the product rendered.I would hate to be a business depending on Paypal to make a living.

Paypal is a good option for most retailers, however I have to agree with the above post that Paypal is something NOT to be depended on as a primary source of payment for reasons stated by previous posters. Although, yes having worked with a retailer that also used Ebay and Paypal as another source of sales, it is indeed a good option. However, it can be difficult to make money out of it, especially for retailers that outsource their products from warehouses or source consumables/products direct from the manufacturer, etc.

Well. I can tell you that paying for something by using PayPal is as safe as you are concerned by your safety. I mean, if you use a strong password and a safe terminal to fulfill your payment requests, you are not likely to have an ugly surprise. But if you do underestimate the importance of having good safety habits, and you use an easy-to-guess password and a public --and probably infected with spyware-- computer, you are a good candidate for living one of those horror stories related to PayPal.Just stay on the safe side and you will not have any problem.Best regards,-L.

I have had a paypal acount for a couple years now, I at one time had a site where I made a little money nothing big I dont even have that site anymore, But I never had a problem with paypal I think it is a very safe site, I even have a paypal credit card So when I have money in my account I dont have to wait to transfer it to my bank account or wait to get a check in the mail. When I have funds in my account I have access to it immediately on my card which I love that fact. If anyone is interested or uses paypal alot the card is the way to go. It is free and I have never had any problems using it anywhere since it is a visa debit.