xisto Community
mama_soap

Ideaz Unlimited Please review the site if you have the time :)

Hm..I like this very much,the firs off all the colours beat me in positive thought,your site colours are in harmony and it is very peacefull to look at it,I also like the navigation-button on your home page..I've also checked out your forum,it has a very interesting topics and themes to talk about...I personally think,that you did a good job,with your website and when you put some little details on it,it will be perfect.. :P Congratulations!

Ok I'm going to rate a site based on these factors: color, navigation, content, and overall layout. The maximum score for each criteria is 5 so 20 is the perfect score.color (3/5) - The color you chose for the site is so plain and a bit boring. Try to liven up the site by adding a couple of other different colors or another shade of blue just to give the page some personalit and style.navigation (3/5) - I'm not too keen on your navigation links. The first few seconds that I was on your site I got a bit lost and confused. There are links on top, at the bottom, and on the side. I didn't know what to click! another problem when it comes to your links that bothered me so much is when you try a link (e.g. the poems) with a content that is really long, the navigation links at the bottom don't seem to move down. They end up in the middle of the page intersecting with the page content. I supposed that you used DIV for your navigation links at the bottom that's why they don't go down when the content is long already although I'm not quite sure what codes you used as I didn't have the time to check it. You might want to make this a bit more organized but if you don't have the time to do so it's not that big of a problem. Visitors will figure out sooner or later what or where they'll will click. content (2/5) - Since the site isn't finish yet some of the links lead to an 404 error page or "nothing in there yet" page. The poetry section is nice though.overall layout (2) - The overall layout isn't that eye catching and unique. I can say there is nothing special in it. Another thing that I didn't like is the google ad that is so huge located in the midle of the page!!! I f you are to put ads on your site for profit, you should at least put it in a strategic spot that will help you earn money but will not ruin your layout. It should blend well with your layout. But the positive part is the site is simple, nice, and clean. OVERALL RATING: 10/20 additonal comments: Try to advertise your site a bit more so you'll have more visitors and forum members. Good luck! :lol:

mykokology: Thank you so much for your input. The fact that I'm responding two months after your post must be some indication of how involved I am with the website :)Well, the thing is that the site is more or less defunct now. While all your points are very valid (I'll keep them in mind when I'm onto my next website), I think I'll have to just declare the current site 'finished' for reasons apart from what you've pointed out. I am looking at it now and I can't believe I put together such junk. The problem perhaps was that the site was not focused - parts of it were personal, parts of it weren't. So I will have to have two websites, one professional, one personal. That way it'll be easier to manage things. :)Thanks again for the valuable input. If you have the time, I'd appreciate your going over to ideazunlimited.trap17.com/mambo, a test installation of a site I'm planning to construct for college. It has a long way to go, but I'd appreciate inputs at the construction stage... thank you!

The website has a nice clean look to it. I like the theme and the cartoons on it. Did you design those? Your site is full of a lot of entertainign info. And each page has a different monster. I like that.