xisto Community
kevdaguru

How To Perform Search Engine Optimization How to increase your page rank in the search engines

Below are some steps which all web designers should take to improve the listing of their sites in the major search engines.

STEP 1: Related titles!!!!! It is very important when choosing a title and URL for your site that you use something that is relevant. For example, if you are selling alarm clocks you would want a name that is related that people may type in as a search word.

STEP 2: Keywords, Keywords, Keywords!!!!!! and I'm not talking about Meta Tags! I'm talking about keywords in your description. Your home page text should have at least 5 keywords that you repeat over and over again. This will help in the search engines. Make sure all your other pages follow a similar pattern.

STEP 3: Link exchange!!!! Search engines such as google love web sites that have an active link exchange system. Try emailing webmasters that have similar sites to your own and asking for a link exchange.

STEP 4: Quantity!!!! Get as many pages and features in your site as possible. Remember that the more pages you have the more valuable your site will become.

I have highlighted a few major points but there are many others to take into consideration when optimising your site for the search engines.

Kevin

Certainly some good tips, but not universally correct. There is no single rule (or single set of rules) that are going to apply to every single website that is ever going to be created. You can read all the guides on SEO from so-called 'experts' you like, but you really need to analyze the needs of your website specifically. What works for someone else probably won't work in the same way for you. There are also a lot of contradictory statements floating around from those who would like to consider themselves experts on the topic of search engine optimization, so don't take any one persons word for it, regardless of what position they are in (even leading SEO firms and other such bodies make SEO mistakes).

I think Meta Tags are the most important aspect for a SEO.

196740[/snapback]

They are not even considered these days by most of the search engines due to abuse. Some just consider it for SERP (Search Engine result pages)

I wouldn't say there not considered at all, but search engines most certainly do not give you decent rankings for words you list in the 'keywords' meta tag. Obviously. Personally, I would recommend you do use meta keywords and the description, but make sure you don't go overboard or try and target one page with too many keywords. You should also make sure that all of the phrases or words in the keywords do actually appear in the page's content, otherwise the page is likely to incur some form of penalization.Google, and probably most other large search engines, place newly listed sites in a 'sandbox', ranking them poorly for search terms and, in the case of Google, giving them little or no PageRank. A lot of people tend to freak about this when they're sites aren't listed properly, but it's a normal process, and all sites are lifted from the sandbox after a while, afterwhich Google assigns rankings it 'thinks' they deserve. I don't know the official reason for this as I haven't read much about it, but I would assume it is a form of quality control. New sites pop up all the time and disappear again within months (or even weeks), and the search engines obviously don't want to 'recommend' sites to their users which may not exist tomorrow.I'm a little tired, so whatever incoherent garbage I just mumbled may be too incomprehensible to read. My apologies.

here i found good ideeas for SEO and google.thanks from me, too.

ummm how would you? that post was a year and a half old and things have changed a little. do your research until someone comes up with an updated tutorial....

I think it will be relevant & pertinent also to mention some points here in this post. SEO is not as simple as been described here particularly optimizing webpages for Google.

STEP 1: Related titles!!!!! It is very important when choosing a title and URL for your site that you use something that is relevant. For example, if you are selling alarm clocks you would want a name that is related that people may type in as a search word.

It should be kept in mind , using some relevant words repeatedly in the title is called Title Tag Stuffing, Don't do it... You only need to include your keyword(s) one time in your title tag. Anymore than 1 time will only dilute the effect, and if you overdo it , you may get banned.

STEP 2: Keywords, Keywords, Keywords!!!!!! and I'm not talking about Meta Tags! I'm talking about keywords in your description. Your home page text should have at least 5 keywords that you repeat over and over again. This will help in the search engines. Make sure all your other pages follow a similar pattern.

Using a keyword more than 12-13 times on one page will hurt you with google and is called Keyword Stuffing. Repeating a keyword more times than is natural is not likely to get you banned. But it certainly can make your rank lower than you would without keyword stuffing.

STEP 3: Link exchange!!!! Search engines such as google love web sites that have an active link exchange system. Try emailing webmasters that have similar sites to your own and asking for a link exchange.

Only exchange Links with related websites whose pageranks are visible "green barred". You can get penalized if YOU link out to "bad neighborhoods", which would be: Link Farms , Penalized websites (websites that are "gray barred" by Google) .

There are many other aspects to be considered for optimization of a webpage specially for Google, which was not discussed here.

My keyword advice is :

1 - Mention main keyword within first 5 words
2 - Don't use it more than once per 50 words
3 - Better to use it once about every 75 words
4 - Words before & after the keyword are important
5 - Use keywords within phrases for best results
6 - Use main keyword very near the end of page
7 - Use exact keyword phrase in text link
8 - Use keyword in page title & description
9 - Use keyword in page headline <h1> preferably
10- Use keyword phrases in sub headlines <h2 or h3>
11- Where it makes sense, bold or italicize keyword
12- Get links from another site where the link name is your keyword phrase.

Best of luck