xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Gmail Hard Drive web-based

ever want to change your HUGE ever increasing gmail account into a virtual harddrive? think of all the things you could store on a harddrive that never stops getting larger! gmailharddrive.com is your #1 resource for making that possible!

http://www.xmailharddrive.com/

great way to store files in your gmail account in a web-based format. instead of having to install something, you can access gmailharddrive from anywhere. read terms of use carefully before using the service: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

caveat: google does not endorse, maintain or support gmailharddrive.com. i would suggest you use a spare gmail account, and not your main/primary gmail account, if you want to first test out this service. :P

Erm... that is cool but can people download things from it ? i havent read the rules sorry and i am now signing up for a Gmail account... please explain a bit detailed 10x..

This is a very nice service, but do I need to be logged in to see my files or could anyone open them up?

Dr1v3r, you have to be sent an invitation to gmail...here's an invitation for you https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2Fe-11-25ac9019f443fd54eac8b66f4352f-a728894051c2af7164b08ce034e1d3a152534439 :P Try not to double post, if anything report your post and ask that we add something.

Ermmm.... i can't do such uploading, my dial up connection is really s**k. But i have Gmail Drive in my computer but i haven't tried it yet. Hey, btw, can we share our gmail account, for example, i'm upload some of my TRIAL version installer i have and i just tell someone my pass and username, thus whoever want to get those files can easily open my gmail drives. Is it possible?

Looks like the site has been turned off. I get:

This Account Has Been SuspendedPlease contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Seemed like a good thing uploading files and downloading from any computer or possibly sharing the account with friends or family to download and upload.

We will see what happens with the site.

i'm upload some of my TRIAL version installer i have and i just tell someone my pass and username, thus whoever want to get those files can easily open my gmail drives. Is it possible?

Sure it's possable but I think it violates the TOS, I know most TOS's (TOS's hahah funny word!) don't like you sharing you name/password with anyone.

I'll just look to see if it says anything...
This might count:

You may not... Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any unauthorized commercial purpose or transfer any Gmail account

Or this

You shall not, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to: (i) use the Service to upload, transmit or otherwise distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, contains viruses, or is otherwise objectionable as reasonably determined by Google; (ii) upload, transmit or otherwise distribute content that infringes upon another party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary, contractual or fiduciary rights or obligations; (iii) prevent others from using the Service; (iv) use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose; or (v) act in any way that violates the Program Policies, as may be revised from time to time.

And even if google doesn't have a problem it probably isn't a good idea because now I have your ID and Password and can sent email in your name. Even if it was a diffrent account you would still be help responsable for any bad things I do while loged into your account.

And even if google doesn't have a problem it probably isn't a good idea because now I have your ID and Password and can sent email in your name.  Even if it was a diffrent account you would still be help responsable for any bad things I do while loged into your account.

149852[/snapback]

to an extent but i'm sure google is a little smarter than going after the person who created the account. They will be more interested in who's IP is sending the spam. So in turn you will be the one that they go after.

i wish there was a way you could link to an email containig a file i want to share so that people didnt have to log to my account for me to share.

If you go to the root of the gmail form there is a stickied topic regarding gmail webhosting. If you run the php from Xisto you can access files from gmail without a password.