xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
harad

Change Forum Look And Version to make it a bit easier

Frankly, even I feel like upgrading and there is not problem about the money and stuff.. the thing is i dont want to take any risks.. I have installed many mods like the games, arcade, friends , army etc.. and If anything goes wrong then I will lose the entire no. of posts and stuff and that can screw up everything.. I have already lost more than 200 members and about 2000 posts before ... so i better dont take any risks.If you have any suggestions for how can i safely upgrade to invision 2 then please tell me..Also the forum database can be of a diffrent format and stuff and there can be many other consequences. The current mods that I have installed are the Arcade, most users online, friends, shoutbox, reputation system, army system etc.. so If you find a solution .. then please put it on.. The Invision board is search engine friendly and offers more facilities and functions

it would be nice to change the ib to 2.0 version and fit the google ads in the top table.
this would make forums easier (alot) to use.

change the logo! it's so ugly!

greetz.

Yeah, the logo is pretty ugly. The color is fine. It gets the job done.

I think the shoutbox needs to be improved, like a widget box widget so that the comments look more professional. Also, the forums seem a little slow lately.... Maybe it's just that I'm impatient :P

My time is always off, too! I changed my time zone to EST, but the I'm typing this at 3:33, at the site lists that it's 8:34.

I also think that they should get rid of those annoying ads where the text gets highlighted, and if you accidently click, the ads force you to go to another page. Google Adsense ads would probably make a lot more sense.

Other than that, I think the guys who created xisto, Xisto - Web Hosting, trap 17, have done a really good job in terms of mycents and premium hosting.
Edited by thejode (see edit history)

Yeah, the logo is pretty ugly. The color is fine. It gets the job done.

Lol... this is a 5 year old topic.. the logo has been changed since then I'm sure. I think the logo is nice and professional. don't want it to be too flashy

I think the shoutbox needs to be improved

Yah I too think the shoutbox needs to be changed, I'm posting my own thread on that shortly.
Edited by Soviet Rathe (see edit history)

I also think that they should get rid of those annoying ads where the text gets highlighted, and if you accidently click, the ads force you to go to another page. Google Adsense ads would probably make a lot more sense.

If you are not logged in and are viewing those ads then those ads are kontera ads which are shown to visitors. It can't be removed as site and members both are earning from it. Google ads at the top of forum index is already shown but they hardly annoy as they are getting blocked by ABP. And if you are asking about that dictionary and sharespring widget which turns on with hover and double click on sentence then i guess it can't be replaced. Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)