xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SilverSoldierTT

Geeklog Plugins how to install?

ok, so what should I do? go to my home port (just the /), create a public_html folder, then insert a geeklog folder into that, and then follow the instructions in the plugin from there? would this work?

Now, I'll give you a quickie in Unix :PSee where you went wrong is you installed stuff in a HIDDEN folder (folders preceded by a .) Let's say you installed geeklog in a seperate directory in your public_html, then THIS would be your correct path.

CONSOLE
/home/covert/public_html/geeklog/
Whatever you want to put on a site HAS TO go into
CONSOLE
/home/covert/public_html/
Whatever you do, do NOT touch the .folder (any folder with a . in front of it), 99% of those folders, if not all, are needed to have your account work decently. If you have sufficient knowledge of UNIX and servers, then you can try it, but I suggest before trying to back up the ENTIRE
CONSOLE
/home/your_account/
which in your case is
CONSOLE
/home/covert/
Just download it with an FTP client to a folder on your computer and zip it.So unless Nils or OpaQue can fix it, your account needs to be reset, because Fantastico will no longer work ok.

Do you have all your data backed up? Your account is seriously messed up and I may have to reset your hosting. I'll be back online in 1/2 hour.. I have to get out of workNils

yes, ive got all the data from it i need stored on my PC... so if you can, plz reset it and i can attempt this venture again now that I know what not to do... again, i appreciate the help... and now that I know which folder to put it in without messing everything up, ill be a little more careful, and hopefully it should work....