xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SilverSoldierTT

Geeklog Plugins how to install?

Ok, I finally am getting the hang of geeklog... However, Now that geeklog is installed, and I am becoming able to maintain the site so to speak, I decided I wanted to add a few plugins (ie: forums, chatterblock, etc...)... well, I have followed the instructions given with the plugin as best as I could, yet everytime I get to the part where you must go to the "install.php" page to install it into your site, the page wont load... I have gone back and searched, but i am pretty sure I have the right path (mysite.trap17.com/.fantasticodata/geeklog/public_html/admin/plugins/chatterblock/install.php), yet it never works... when using the file manager to upload and insert files, does it have a different path url? what am I doing wrong? if anyone used to geeklog had a little spare time, I could really use the help... consider this an SOS to all the Xisto members, as it is somewhat of importance to have the site completed within a certain time period... thanks...

Geeklog is basically a PHP template which you can install into ur site using Fantastico in the Cpanel... anyways, plugins for it are like Forums, a chatterblock (like the shoutbox), etc which u can install into geeklog, so that there are no adds, etc, while at the same time it is literally incorporated into your site, with no adds or anything...

once you get your server, go to your CPanel... from there, go to fantasticodata... and then click the Geeklog link, and click install... it installs it into your site... i take it by the lack of responses that no one knows how to install geeklog plugins?

actually, I have the plugins, and they came with instructions... on the geeklog site, it says to follow the instructions included with the plugins... i did that, and as soon as i get to the last step, where u go to the url for the Install page, it wont load because the URL is wrong... Because of the way the File manager is setup, it wont load... how do I find the URL of one of the pages listed in the File Manager? Also, I will attempt those instructions, but with the URL issue, id imagine the same problems...

does it cost anything to downlo0ad it?

ok your not here so i'll go somewhere else. but if anyone comes back and can answer my Q please pm me.

Give the name of one of the plugins you are working on, and what directory did you install it?Give me the path to your geeklog please.Nils

hey, one of the plugins is Chatterblock (i have the files if you would like them)... Ok, in my File manager, this is all i can find as far as where it is installed into...

/.fantasticodata/Geeklog/

though I cant find out what goes before the /.fantasticodata... if I can find that out, I should be able to get it to work...

the path to my geeklog page is below...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Also, if it would be easier or quicker, u can contact me on AIM at SilverSoldierTT

/.fantasticodata/Geeklog/

148536[/snapback]

That's the path to the install data. Normally your geeklog should be something like

CONSOLE
/public_html/geeklog/

In this one, geeklog represents the folder where all your files are. But it shouldn't be with a . in front of it.

SInce these are Unix servers, a . means a hidden folder, which is probably WHY your install.php can't be found. When I come to think about it, .fantasticodata is probably where the INSTALLERS of Fantastico are and not your actual geeklog folder.

I don't have AIM :P.

You have an error in your install. this is from your install:

Warning: main(/home/covert/.fantasticodata/Geeklog/public_html): failed to open stream: Success in /tmp/cpanel.covert.1118102136.18543 on line 1615Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/covert/.fantasticodata/Geeklog/public_html' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/lib/php/:.') in /tmp/cpanel.covert.1118102136.18543 on line 1615

nils