xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

First Human Clone Oh yeah, its here

Cloning?!?!? NO WAY! If cloning does go on, I'd prefer it to be for getting new bodyparts etc, not to make actual humans. See xboxrulz' post above for a better way of my opinion being explained.. I'm new to this forum :rolleyes:

I myself am transfixed in the middle of both oppositions for this matter, while I am a patron of science and experimenting, things like cloning, space exploration, etc... etc...  I hate to imagine what the emotional fallbacks of knowing you are a clone would be... Imagine, as this child grows up they will always know they are different from everyone on the planet, and become the topic of heated discussion, philosophically an alien, these types of things could seriously affect them.  Also, like said before on top of this there can easily be genetice mutations when dealing with the chemicals needed to start cloning, and portions of the DNA helix can be lost when they are moving it, cancer, heart failure, disfigurations, and more can all be results of mutation from loss of data in the helix... But, all we can do is wait to see. There is one certain thing, the Church will see this child as not human, and large debates will erupt like volcanoes.

147035[/snapback]

Well, the Church is the universal body of believers of which I am one, and I would consider the kid human. Of course, assuming the child doesn't become just a Frankenstein and gets a mind and soul like someone suggested, I think they'll be very shocked at just how different the "clone" will be inside, you can clone bodies, you can't clone souls.

Also, as for cloning, haven't the clones of sheep and what not died quicker? Something to do with the age of the cells, if you came from someone about to die then your cells will be as old as theirs so even if something is newly born it will die around when that which it was cloned from would have died. Any info on this?

Well, the Church is the universal body of believers of which I am one, and I would consider the kid human.

Mathematically speaking, are you referring to the union of all individuals within the set, Religious People when you say "The Church"? Regardless of how you define it, I very much doubt such a body would agree on anything, much less on the spiritual status of a cloned human.

Of course, assuming the child doesn't become just a Frankenstein and gets a mind and soul like someone suggested, I think they'll be very shocked at just how different the "clone" will be inside, you can clone bodies, you can't clone souls.

I contend, that you can, in fact, clone souls, on account of their being entirely imaginary. :unsure:

Also, as for cloning, haven't the clones of sheep and what not died quicker?  Something to do with the age of the cells, if you came from someone about to die then your cells will be as old as theirs so even if something is newly born it will die around when that which it was cloned from would have died.  Any info on this?

154936[/snapback]

According to Wikipedia, there is some debate on this point.

In 1999, research was published in the journal Nature, suggesting that Dolly may be susceptible to premature aging [2], due to shortened telomeres in her cells. It was speculated that these may have been passed on from her parent, who was six years old when the genetic material was taken from her, so that Dolly may have been genetically six years old at birth. However, Dr. Steven Pallickal of UCLA indicated that most cloned animals actually have telomeres of normal length and in serial clones the telomeres are actually getting longer in each successive generation.

WHAT'S WITH ALL OF THE QUESTIONS THAT WE HAVE?!Cloning is completely ridiculous. Like all asexual reproduction, there's no room for evolution. If we never evolve, there may be a sudden change in the world we cannot adapt to because we are all clones, and then the entire population will enter tremendous decline. People think of cloning as a type of "reincarnation" but reincarnation would mean that you would have to come back with the same soul as before. As far as I know, cloning is just genetically identical, not atomically linked in any way. Which would mean that you would have two human beings that look exactly the same. Whoopdy-*BLEEP*ing-doo. I'd love to see the day where they create two humans that are made up of linked atoms and completely the same, every thought one thinks the other thinks as well, both moving hands at the exact same time, and having the exact same processes going on at the exact same time, but not like Siamese twins. Only problem is that when one dies, the other dies. So if you could do this after one is dead it would be a perfect scientific reincarnation. We're spending vast amounts of currency on useless science when we could be using it to solve global issues. We can live one more day without a replica. We won't live another day if we get annihilated by opposing forces in the war.