xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sugarplumsistar

Outer Space

did u know we finally got to the OUTER OUTER space? it was a few days ago. um.. i beleive last week. We've as humans have reached a point in our universe that is outside of our solar system! WOAH! isn't that neat? i forgot the name of the shuttle of robot thing that we've sent but ya that what i know! and did u know that we launched it like 25 years ago? and for its fuel we used radioisotopes? that is the neatest thing ever! wow! just was saying...

Hmm...well I hafta say that I won't be WOW'd till we get a human that far. Anyone could throw a bunch of parts together, do the calculations and huck it into space while your flying on Virgin's Airways space trip. Eventually it would get that far. However, the interesting thing is how they use isotopes for the engine and stuff. 25 years is a long time.

they need to come up with some beter engines that could travel faster. if it takes that much to trvel than a human will never be able to make i. Are there any pictures, also what planet did that robot thing go to? i wanna see what jupitor looks like, since they said it was all ice.

outer space in this context means out of our little galaxy, called the Milky Way galaxy.It sounds terrific to see such a development, but if it takes 25 years for a spaceship to reach the end of our galaxy....o my :D.Radioisotopes, sounds like they are actually alot further then they're interpreting. I hope they will get some new good developments on space-engines and aircraft, although we won't be seeing much of the developments (it will take quite some years before they actually make some visual improvement) i do hope they keep trying and 'go where noone has gone before'.I've always been intrigues by outer space, the beauty of 'the skyline of outer space' just speaks to people, and of course the question 'is there more intelligent life?' always stands out.

The space ship (Or space machine, rather; no humans were onboard) is called Voyager I. Its sister ship, Voyager II was launched at the same time in the opposite direction. It is really interesting to think that something humanity created has ventured beyond our little spot of universe. But the fact that it took 25 years.......oh my....

But, of course, since then there have been amazing advances in spacefaring technology. There are actually solar sails that use the solar wind to power them along, as well as some kind of engine that starts of at something like 1 mph, and because of the lack of resistance in space [or something like that] it steadily and exponentially gains spead. It can reach thousands of mph and beyond! That should get us out of the solar system rather quickly.

As for Voyagers I and II, Carl Sagan had a hand in those projects. I read his biography. The Davidson one, at least. He was quite the genius, though rather arogant. I feel sorry for him; he was a rabid athiest and is now burning in Hell's lake of fire, rather than forever exploring the universe he loved in the presense of the God who created it! :P

What? how is this amazing? This isn't new. I already knew that Voyager was somewhere drifting in space for 25+ years. I knew this for years.Moving on....MaryAnne Der Esei, why do you need to feel sorry for an atheist? I'm an atheist, and I love my life. No offence, but there's no evidence that God made the universe. [Note to others who will post afterwards, I'm not gonna start a flamewar and I'm not going to rebuttle your statements unless it's going too far.]xboxrulz

I feel sorry for him; he was a rabid athiest and is now burning in Hell's lake of fire, rather than forever exploring the universe he loved in the presense of the God who created it!  :D

148580[/snapback]

I'm an atheist too. That comment would be offensive if I believed in god and hell. but as it is... it means nothing

tho I think it would be a good idea to refrain from comments like those. :D

Firstly, we reached out of our solar system ages ago. We actually did not do it, but a probe did.

I feel sorry for him; he was a rabid athiest and is now burning in Hell's lake of fire, rather than forever exploring the universe he loved in the presense of the God who created it!

Please use the correct spelling - ATHEIST. And also, please keep the religious language out of this. I am agnostic borderline atheist, so comments like that piss me off. And it also get's on other people's backs as well.
I think it will be a long long time until we get into the outer reaches of our SOLAR SYSTEM.

Do you guys eve have any idea how fast the SpaceShip goes? I.E. From Houston ( TX, US ) to Paris, France? How long will it take?Also, I am not suprised at all. Of course, humans, after a while, have to accomplish something.

Guest mstewart1

Do you guys eve have any idea how fast the SpaceShip goes? I.E. From Houston ( TX, US ) to Paris, France? How long will it take?

Also, I am not suprised at all. Of course, humans, after a while, have to accomplish something.

150958[/snapback]

as i say in many posts thats just outstanding

mankind has really outdone itself

its excellent, now we have better chances of locating life on other planets!