xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fireofgoths

Chat Room

trap17 needs a chat room instead of a shoutout box it would make it alot easier and if the shout out box was gone it would speed it up a lil plus a chat room would deleiver the msg within a sec.

That's a good idea! http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is a good, free provider. And the featurures can be customised, and added to forums using HTML. I am using a shoutbox on my old forums located here: http://free.phpbb-host.com/freelancers/ towards the bottom of the page.

I really like the shoutbox just because I can see the messages on every page I visit, I don't know if that can be the same for a chatroom...my one problem with the shoutbox is sometimes when I post a shout it takes me to the shoutbox page instead of posting the actual shout, in which I have to retype the shout all over again...(this is due to flooding I suppose...)

That same thing nearly always happens to me as well elvenmil. It gets kind of annoying. As for chatrooms, there are some Flash-powered chatrooms out there that you can implement on a site. I can't name any off the top of my head, but I know for a fact that they do have them somewhere out there on the net...

This may sound like a good idea at the start espescially expanding the idea but then where to from there chatrooms, voice, video......the point of a forums is a community gathering of ideas "written down" to in "form" the rest. I think that mirc would be as far as it should go if at all. Chatrooms have a lot of disadvatages to state just a few here:For slow readers a chat room is hell. but a forums a pleasure.Following that if u miss a sentence its not coming back - this may be the case with the shoutbox aswell but atleast thats its purpose "small". again hell for slow readers/typers.

Following that if u miss a sentence its not coming back - this may be the case with the shoutbox aswell but atleast thats its purpose "small".

146063[/snapback]

Hi Reaver,

For the chatbox link I provided, you can customise it in many ways. A few of them include personal appearance, length of sentences, faces enabled / disabled, a variety of faces to choose from, an option to display available faces, number of posts you want availalble (max. 50), and a time limit in which you allow users to delete their own posts. It can be set for someone to delete their post from a few seconds, to several days! It has a great deal of features, and I know that when I used my chatbox, it's great for users who do not wish to register, but instead choose to leave a quick message for someone. I strongly recommend it. :rolleyes: