xisto Community
Galahad

Free Template Based Web Page Editor I need a free WYSIWYG template webpage editor

What I need, is a free What You See Is What You Get Webpage editor for my girlfriend. She won't let me make the pages for her, she wants to do it herself, but she is not familiar with HTML or stuff like that, so she will need some template based editor, easy, and not to have too much options. I myself use Macromedia Dreamweaver, but it's not suitable for her, she needs to learn it quickly, and to make pages quickly too, just simple pages, nothing complicated...If anyone could suggest some good editor, I'll apreciate it. Please let me know.Thanx in advance...

I have to agree that 1st Page is great if you are new to creating web pages, as it acts just like a word processor and I think it has some tutorials. However, if this is still a little complicated you could always create the pages in MS Word or Publisher, but that would be a last resort.

The editor Nvu () is also very good, although slightly different to other editors.

Thank you all for your replies, she decided to go with Nvu... I tried convincing her to at least try Dreamweaver, but she is as stubborn as I am, so you kind of get how it looks like :rolleyes:But, thanks for all your recommendations, hope I'll be able to help you all sometime :lol:

I feel for girl friends and wife who do not wish to get stuck with the complications of coding a website, something like Microsoft WORD or openoffice.org will be best.The word processor allows you to simple drag n drop images to add to your site and i am sure most of the ladies would have had some experience on word processors.Microsoft Word is the easiest for designing a simple site with no complications.Give it a shot.Cheers.PS : Dont except hifi features ... unless you have Office 2003 suite ...