xisto Community
hansley

Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet A tool for graphic designers

Does anyone know Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet?It is a pen mouse+pad that is used by graphic designers. My friend said that it is a must have tool because it allows the user to draw in PC just like drawing in paper. I really want it but I am afraid that it is not worth the cost. So please anyone, share your idea.Does anyone have any experience of using it?Is it as good as it sounds?Is there any known problems in using it?My other friend said that when using it to draw, sometimes the line is not clear, sometimes it is just not drawn. Is there such case?Thank you for your replies.

I have the Intuos 6x8 tablet. I have had for 3 years now and I?m assuming that Intuos3 is the latest version. The only things I can tell the difference are that Intuos3 comes in graphite color and a wireless mouse. The specifications, on the other hand, are identical except for the side access quick pads (mine have it on the top). I suppose when you want the better control over your free hand drawing using your favorite Photoshop program, this table would be ideal; especially when you need the sensitivity of pressure levels. I have used my tablet to simulate paint brushes as though I was actually painting on a canvas or on cartoon strips. I have also used it to trace the outlines of difficult sketches that just weren?t possible to be picked up by a scanner. But then again, scanners these days are far more superior that tracing is thing of the past. So these days I mainly use it to do free hand drawings that require mimicking of the drawings in real canvas like. Thus my conclusion is do you need to have drawings where the brush/pencil line thickens and thins according to your desire? Otherwise you can pickup and pointer device that uses pen like device for far lesser price. But let me tell you, once you have it, you will NEVER draw with your mouse, again! :rolleyes:

Hmm...from my experience it really is only good for freehand drawing and selecting pixels. Most interesting thing I used it for was making my own font. Can't say much more cuz I accidently sat on mine, :rolleyes: . And it doesn't look like I can buy another because of my recent purchase of a new computer.