xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bluewater

Australian Drug Smuggler Schapelle Corby Gets 20 Yrs The spotlight on coruption and organised crime

Australian Schapelle Corby 27 has been sentenced to 20 years jail for smuggling just over 4 kg's of marijuana into Bali (Island of Indonesia) from Australia. The trial has capture the interest of the Australian public due to the circumstances surrounding the case. Schapelle Corby left Brisbane airport for a holiday to the resort Island of bali, she caught a domestic flight to sydney with here brother and two friends there she transfered to a international flight to Bali. It was in Bali that the marijuana was discovered in her boogie board bag by Indonesian custom officers.

From the outset Schapelle Corby denied the marijuana was hers and had no idea how it got into her boogie board bag.(what right minded smuggler would admit it was theirs anyway) A few aspects of the case has lead to most Australians believing that Schapelle Corby might be telling the truth. Firstly its seems that the value of the drugs would be less in bali then in Australia and the trafficing of marijuana usually happens the other way round (Indonesia to Australia) where the value would be greatly increased also it seems that Sydney Airport baggage handlers were impicated as the likey source of the drugs as the "Australian Federal Police alleged that one airport contact led a team of Sydney baggage handlers that was paid $300,000 to smuggle 9.9 kilograms of cocaine in a suitcase past Customs last October" and a Qantas baggage handler has been sacked.

Did a baggage handler put the drugs in the wrong bag and Schapelle Corby is innocent, a victim of circumstance and gets 20 years, a scary thought.

Does organised crime synticates control drug traffic thru Shipping ports and Airports.

Why couldnt you have just told us the link instead of copy & paste it from the site, thats what I did and I regreted it, dont let that happen to you ! :lol: Or did you write it all down, or got it from the BBC or something :D let us know or we'll blow your head off :D So you have disobied 1 Rule, and your a begginer so they'll let you off !and I think that woman is innocent, I think the Baggage guys :D put 4 kg of Marijuana into her bag, but it could be false :rolleyes: And its quite ashame because she is only young and wont get any kids because she is serving 20 years in prison, she might already have kids who knows :) Well sorry for the mumble jumble B) im off :)

John_M the only part that was copied is in Quotation Marks the rest was all type by me in my own works (so you don,t have to blow my head off). After reviewing what i wrote the only thing i didn't do was express my opinon on the news piece which i will now do.

Errmmm... Back on topic. :rolleyes:

I did make a post over in the Australian section ( http://forums.xisto.com/topic/22251-schapelle-corby-drug-smuggling-to-indonesia/ - I didn't think it warranted a news report), but I can raise some other issues that I didn't touch on over on my other post.

I doubt that airport baggage handlers are being used by 'organised crime gangs' to transfer illegal drugs. I'd guess that it would be small, one-off, 'friend of a friend' type of deals going on through those means. Having said that, it is quite disturbing that baggage handlers are interfering with traveller's luggage. There was a story a couple months ago about a sacked Qantas baggage handler who took a camel suit out of someone's luggage, then proceeded to wear the suit around the tarmac, who was then spotted by the owner of the camel suit while he was still boarding his flight. [ Here's a link I found on the camel suit... ]. And I wonder why people give me funny looks when I travel with large padlocks on my luggage :lol:.
With this kind of past history, it is a real wonder why baggage tampering wasn't taken into account by the three Indonesian judges who sentenced Schapelle Corby - but I guess we need an Indonesian law 'expert' to find out why the judges came up with the result the did.

By the way, John_M, I'm sure you are sorry for all that mumble jumble... :lol:

I doubt that airport baggage handlers are being used by 'organised crime gangs' to transfer illegal drugs. I'd guess that it would be small, one-off, 'friend of a friend' type of deals going on through those means.

I disagree - I reckon this has all the hallmarks of being part of a much bigger operation. There's been insinuations that the reason why the Federal Police have been so unhelpful over the whole thing is that there's maybe Federal cops who are trying to prevent their involvement in assisting organised crime from coming to light.